Finished Bandai 1/12 Droids

jcroscigno

I posted up my C-3PO the other day, and I was really happy with the way my attempts at weathering BB-8 and R2-D2 came out, and wanted to share those as well.
BB-8's flame was made with a little hot glue and blue acrylic.
P1190430.jpg
P1190416.jpg
P1190435.jpg

Last edited:
Those look fantastic! Love the weathering on R2 and BB 8. Man, those lights in 3POs eyes look great. I hope to be able to add those to mine.

Thanks! I was weary with the painting since I hadn't done anything like that before - I did clean some of it after the fact because it was a little too dirty. And I keep finding little bits to detail, like the port in front which I've since repainted the corners in blue.
The lighting kit is totally worth it; it was (in my opinion) a complicated install since I was worried about the fragility of the wires, but it really brings him to life.

Love these! I have the Bandai threepio....these bandai kits are super cool. Nice paint work you've done! The R2 looks especially nice.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back