Kobold Droid Caller Differences

Most sought one seems to be the black (Han), as many don´t realize it´s not the same one for all movies.

If you want it accurate to a certain caller in a certain movie ........ it depends.

Hmmm... I have a silver one I got for $44 very recently, and I've started considered selling it in my quest to get a vintage Graflex... But then again, $44 is a great deal and I wont find a new one at that price again. I'm torn!

This is my Kobold :)

657C5A85-FC59-4AC0-8C1C-A150CE9A2D8A_zpssjuua2fg.jpg

3C88FFA5-FB20-4678-85F8-EF19E47BB809_zpslmjylxkw.jpg

9981F4F2-6186-46E3-A8CB-A65B5BD27755_zpswfrvg9z7.jpg

9CBC0FE9-113C-42BE-A1BC-80810FC5662E_zpsqfftfakt.jpg

I also noticed small differences on this version.

This is a flash i have sold some time ago:

ADBE629E-20F2-40C1-82D9-9A611D236032_zpsw9gbje95.jpg

On the left button you can see that it is oblique.

On mine the button is straight there.

I analyzed the flash of han solo and the button is straight there, too.

Hey everyone!

I got this kobold recently, and while it's in pretty nice condition and came with everything you see here I'm wondering about the condition of the clip itself. It's more beat up than any original I've seen, and while the machining looks original I can't be sure. Does anyone have any insight? I got it off the bay a few weeks ago. I want to finish my all real parts ESB with this but I can't be sure it's original without anyone else's thoughts

.IMG_5670.JPGIMG_5669.JPGIMG_5668.JPGIMG_5667.JPG

Hey everyone!

I got this kobold recently, and while it's in pretty nice condition and came with everything you see here I'm wondering about the condition of the clip itself. It's more beat up than any original I've seen, and while the machining looks original I can't be sure. Does anyone have any insight? I got it off the bay a few weeks ago. I want to finish my all real parts ESB with this but I can't be sure it's original without anyone else's thoughts

.View attachment 707601View attachment 707600View attachment 707599View attachment 707598

Looks original to me. I have three clips with three different finishes. One has exposed brass on the backside. Of the other two in my attached picture, the one on the left (once you click and it opens to the correct orientation) is like yours and I purchased it pretty much mint in box from a camera store.

Attachments

• IMG_3265.JPG
    IMG_3265.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 107
It's a genuine Kobold clip ... though very shiny ... I once got the same from parfaitelumiere and could not believe it either how shiny it was unlike my others. I trust it came with the ball-bearings inside to hold the reflector in place?

Chaïm

It's a genuine Kobold clip ... though very shiny ... I once got the same from parfaitelumiere and could not believe it either how shiny it was unlike my others. I trust it came with the ball-bearings inside to hold the reflector in place?

Chaïm

I'm looking for one of these, too (the clamp). Just thought Ii'd mention that, because I've learned that my fingers are no where near fast enough to catch the stuff flys by my face on the way to the next guy via the Junkyard. :-O

It sure did Chaim! And thank you Chris! It is good to know that it is a genuine piece. It will be the last part I need for my all original parts ESB build!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back