SCORE!! We all know what this is....

doppelganger

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just found this on the bay of E going for a best offer. And my best offer accepted. I'll be pulling it apart and molding it as soon as it arrives.... yey. Cant wait for my HIC bits to arrive to get it all made and up together.

Screenshot_2016-06-22-22-09-37.png

Its for the control panels on the side of the Han in Carbonite prop. They were originally made from the volvo 340 dash cluster of which this is one. I'll strip it down to the shell and cast it so I can make a full set for my Han in Carbonite im making.

Well If its a good volvo part and behaves when I take it apart i might.... MIGHT put it back together and sell it to a real volvo enthusiast. There has to be at least one out there surely?Then again... It is a volvo. Surely it dreams of being mounted on the side of a HIC prop rather than doddering around in..... vulva.. I mean... volvo.

Everytime someone uses correct panels for a HIC build...

God kills a Volvo.

Please... Think about the Volvos!

Why? (He says sheepishly). He's not going to shout at me for destryoing original volvo parts is he? Or have me banned for being mean about them? I dont think I could handle that kind of a rejection.

Random question, but when you get it, can you flip it over and take a pic? I'm curious to see what the rear of those gauges look like. Looking to see if perhaps they used a particular part off of it

As promised (if a little late). Here is the inside of the volvo cluster we all want for our HIC builds.
20160711_112001.png

Not much there really. The glass popped off and only a couple of nuts hold the dial in place on the back panel that doesnt get used. Gonna make a silicone mold for it so I can runs some off for my build.

20160711_112008.png

To those who don't know the history of these, please check this thread: http://www.therpf.com/f9/hic-side-panel-discovery-99579/

None of the other parts were used in the films that I know of. They came in a number of different configurations but the basic plastic bezel is the same on them.

I found and sold over 150 of them to builders and collectors at what it cost me to get them. They came in all kinds of shape including basically new.

I recently found a box of them I still have some if anybody is interested. There are more to get but the cost was moving upwards of $200 each and that seemed too much to me.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back