Independence Day: Resurgence (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
This is the post-release thread for Independence Day: Resurgence with spoiler discussion.

Independence Day Resurgence | Official Trailer 2 [HD] | 20th Century FOX - YouTube

CjtMuJvUUAA5Lr5.jpg

Attachments

• CjtMuJvUUAA5Lr5.jpg
    CjtMuJvUUAA5Lr5.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 79
  • CjtMuJvUUAA5Lr5.jpg
    CjtMuJvUUAA5Lr5.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 74
  • CjtMuJvUUAA5Lr5.jpg
    CjtMuJvUUAA5Lr5.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 71
  • CjtMuJvUUAA5Lr5.jpg
    CjtMuJvUUAA5Lr5.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to say it but that giant ship of theirs makes sense. The original movie was just an invasion fleet meant to wipe out humans and set up bases for the rest of the race who are on a colony ship. That massive thing is probably housing their entire race or a huge portion of it, it could be a generation ship where entire generations are born and dying without seeing a planet.

I don't care.. spoil me.... how does brent spiner come back?

clone? alien baby? time remnant? robot? twin?

I kind of hope the opening credits show the rebuilding process. it'd be cool to see the NY destruction, see it get totally flattened for a flat manhatten, and then see the buildings pop up, ala futurama's time lapse...

To me they were more than Cameos. Jeff Goldblum carried the movie IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your so right. He really did. I just couldn't enjoy poor man's Thor at all, nor the other new comers. Did you catch the Star Trek references from Spiner? Im pretty sure there was more than one. The "I've got to get you to sickbay" comment comes immediately to mind. I would have loved to see a statue of Russell Case in the film.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't care.. spoil me.... how does brent spiner come back?

clone? alien baby? time remnant? robot? twin?

I kind of hope the opening credits show the rebuilding process. it'd be cool to see the NY destruction, see it get totally flattened for a flat manhatten, and then see the buildings pop up, ala futurama's time lapse...

He was in a coma, then reawakens when the Alien Queen approaches Earth. I think if this one does well enough, we will see a third installment. The end certainly sets itself up for another one.

I would have loved to see a statue of Russell Case in the film.

He was in a coma, then reawakens when the Alien Queen approaches Earth. I think if this one does well enough, we will see a third installment. The end certainly sets itself up for another one.

the statue would have been HILLARIOUS. my god.....i hope they didn't miss out on too many obvious call backs for laughs.

the coma.... lol...I guess i could buy it. we don't know he was really dead... he could have been under alien hypnosis or something ;o)

Holy lord.

20 years. Things that I would normally expect to see happen in people in 20 years is that they grow up. No, I'm sorry. That's impractical this day in age. What I'd expect to see happen is that filmmakers look back at their previous works and actually take criticism to heart. JJ Abrams listened when his use of lens flares became problematic. Christopher Nolan shot the action in The Dark Knight a lot better then Batman Returns. George Miller... Well, George Miller is the only director I know who if you give him a bigger budget, he'll actually do a better job. Roland Emmerich looked at the criticism of the first film and to give us more of that. You want one-dimensional characters who exist solely to emphasize how funny they are? Well, every story plot gets one!

Every time an attempt at comedy happens I keep asking myself "Why does this film think it needs to be funny?". There are great ideas in this movie that has the potential to really grab an audience and get them involved. The aliens are a bit smarter in this film than they were in the last one, the effect on the aliens really complimented the practical work done in the first and the effects are wonderful. I don't want to laugh. I want to get excited, scared and involved.

President Lanford *OH MY GOD*. This is the most laughable President of the United States I have ever seen on screen. She is such a bland caricature of what a leader is supposed to be that my Dad and I were laughing at everything line of dialogue that came out of her mouth. Oh no! This big alien thing that isn't doing anything to us and David, who saved the world in the last movie says let's wait and see what happens... and she decides to blow it to smithereens with a line delivery like she was trying to imitate Duke Nukem. And than she says "I hope we did the right thing" and not one minute later we cut to the whole freaking world celebrating this stupid moment with her at the pedestal! It's not until her very last scene where she tells the alien invaders "There will be no peace" where I actually thought the movie was going to make a point about something. After all, "No peace" is what the aliens told us in the first movie, maybe this was building up to something? Nope. It means nothing.

And poor Vivica A. Fox. and Judd Hirsch. They bring these two characters back with absolutely nothing to do except to either get fridged or simply give us even more awful comic relief. At least Judd's role in the first movie gave us some dynamics to the characters, but here he contributes nothing to the film. And where's Constance Spano? I liked her in the first movie. We don't get a single mention of what happened between her and David and instead we get this character played by Lars von Trier regular Charlotte Gainsbourg.

The first movie in my opinion has a lot of genuine great moments, but this movie is just straight out bad. And Liam Hemsworth, you've officially made my "no see" list.

here's a question for those who've seen it.

we all know episode 7 was basically a retelling of a new hope.

How much is ID4 the same beat for beat? is there enough new to make it fun?

also, reading one review, apparently there is chinese audience pandering in this too. ugh. can hollywood not make it so obvious that we don't count anymore? ;o)

Last edited:
Oh good. That new character Floyd who I found offensively not funny is played by one of the film's writers, Nicolas Wright. How does someone so unfunny manage to write himself into the story as the comic relief? Apparently, Roland Emmerich seems to be the only person on Earth who finds his humor funny.

here's a question for those who've seen it.

we all know episode 7 was basically a retelling of a new hope.

How much is ID4 the same beat for beat? is there enough new to make it fun?

also, reading one review, apparently there is chinese audience pandering in this too. ugh. can hollywood not make it so obvious that we don't count anymore? ;o)

It's is almost an exact reselling of the original minus uploading a computer virus. If you've seen Enders Game, then you have pretty much seen this film. They copied so much. I will also say, poor man's Thor needs to be punched harder, and much more often in the face.

I lol'd at watching Vivica A. fox's death. I mean seriously, it was in slow motion, along with her son's Noooooo! Too funny. As for Judd Hirsh, wow. He was entertaining the first time, albeit somewhat annoying. This go around it was like, why..just why. That bus scene. What was the point. It is a good thing they pandered to the Chineese. It's the only thing that will make the films money back and possibly get a third installment with Data and my David taking it too the aliens. Lol.

It's is almost an exact reselling of the original minus uploading a computer virus. If you've seen Enders Game, then you have pretty much seen this film. They copied so much. I will also say, poor man's Thor needs to be punched harder, and much more often in the face.

pretty much what i thought. the original didn't NEED a sequel.

so, they come back with an even BIGGER ship.....i'd think the most interesting thing would be seeing how earth recovered after..

I actually really liked it. It's a shame it's getting bashed. I mean the original wasn't a masterpiece. I thought this was on the same level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back