Limited Run Metal TFA DL-44 Left Side Details Plate

tomm1999

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've gotten a few PM's about the side details I made so I wanted to see if there is much interest in a metal detail plate for the TFA DL-44. I think it would make things easier for those using Aluminum Black to finish the bluing or for those who chose to paint and want to keep everything metal. They will be CNC'd from a .062" 6061-T6 aluminum sheet and will need to be glued/ epoxied to the HFC. These will only fit the HFC, I may look into making ones for the Marushin if there is interest.

Here is a sample that needs a couple revisions. Im going to move the front cutout a little forward and make the back detail larger.

Cost would be $21 shipped in the United States, International would be $18 plus actual shipping charges. They will ship in a padded envelope.

Please post below if you are interested. If there is enough interest I will start a run thread. I may have to limit the number I can make since they are kind of pain to hold down without the smaller details flying off the CNC bed.

TFA Alu Side.jpg

Version 2:

20160617_003101.jpg20160617_003108.jpg

UPDATE 1 (6/15/2016): There has been more interest than expected so I went ahead and turned it into a Limited Run thread. I am working on v2 and should have a final version this week. I will post a picture of the revisions then send PM's to everyone who said they may be interested. I will try to get some of these in the mail by Saturday afternoon if everything goes well. I really want to make these a quick turnaround. I am also looking at ways to fill the hole from the selector switch, I am going to try resin (silicone mold) and acrylic (laser cut), and possibly pewter.

UPDATE 2 (6/17/2016): Due to the quick turn around time I have closed the list for the first run. Once I get all of run 1 shipped, I will make extras to have on hand. Please see below for the changes made from the first design.

UPDATE 3 (6/18/2016): I was able to get a lot done yesterday and about half of the first run is ready to ship. I will send everyone a PM with payment instructions.

UPDATE 4 (6/21/2016): All paid orders have shipped. I will have more metal here on Friday June 24th. I will cut a sheets worth this weekend so I will have about 25 in stock.

UPDATE 5
: (6/28/2016): Running a day behind, everyone who has paid will have their items shipped today. I just have to clean up and fit. I will get another 5 or 10 cut over the next day or two.

Interested:

Run 1

***If you paid but do not see a status of Paid or shipped next to your name, its because your RPF name was not in the Paypal notes (not a big deal). PM me your Paypal address and I will update accordingly. Also, if you live in the USA I print the labels from Paypal so you can check tracking there.***

1. 43moon PAID, SHIPPED
2. Hans Olo PAID, Ship ETA by 6/28
3. kamakazykid
4. kursosawa PAID, SHIPPED
5. Boba Flint PAID, SHIPPED
6. nivektunk (x2) PAID, SHIPPED
7. UnitPD PAID, SHIPPED
8. dmcox01 PAID, SHIPPED
9. Victory Kid (x2) PAID, SHIPPED
10. JUSTINIAN PAID, SHIPPED
11. KurtyBoy (will ship with other run)
12. Starbuc
13. Mgoob (x2) PAID, SHIPPED
14. Anonymous PAID, SHIPPED

15. Magnum1911 PAID, SHIPPED
16. Dr Talyn
17. Hostamon PAID SHIPPED
18. Aljf PAID, SHIPPED
19. Shull24 PAID, SHIPPED

Last edited:
I know everyone wants to finish their TFA DL-44's up, so I'll make a couple this week and once have I have say 5 Ill turn this into a Limited Run thread. I will post an update today or tomorrow with how many I can cut from the sheet of aluminum I ordered to make mine (I think its a 12 x 18 sheet so I should be able to make 5 or more)

I do definitely order one now, if you give your ok in this thread I'll send payment and a PM about the details. Thanks for making these available!

Last edited:
Interested in 2.

Suggest resin or acrylic, not pot metal pewter as it's not seen, and will be more difficult to work with, IMO.

You're definitely right and I will probably have to use resin (or laser cut black acrylic) since the pewter would be a pain to work with. I thought pewter would be great because it should be able to be blued, just like the side plate.

I think the screw would have to be glued in or something. Theres no room to make in the inside of the HFC to make a plate of anything.

I finished modeling v2 last night, should have some pics of one CNC'd posted tonight. If everyone likes what they see I will send payment information tonight or tomorrow so I can ship a couple on Saturday

Interested in 2.

Suggest resin or acrylic, not pot metal pewter as it's not seen, and will be more difficult to work with, IMO.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back