Limited Run Metal TFA DL-44 Left Side Details Plate

I don't have any pics other than what I have posted in the thread. I haven't had time to work on my blaster. Im sure someone who ordered one will post pics soon.

Run is back open, I will have more metal here Friday and will cut a bunch more. I didn't really plan on doing a run so initially I only ordered one sheet of aluminum

Any pics of installed plates? I'm waffling between doing the plate vs. milling.

Quick update on the selector switch, the mold didn't come out well at all so I 3D printed one. Its just a pressure fit for now but I will start including this with all new orders.

If anyone has already ordered would like one just shoot me a PM. My end goal is to cast this piece in pewter which may be impossible but Ill keep trying.

Also, I have been working on a new piece for the screw to connect to. Stay tuned!

selector fill in.jpg

Yeah a plug for the screw post to screw into on the end where the selector was is very much needed, without having a notch to fit into that hole like the switch did, it would just rotate and slide out. Really cool that you're making those parts too!

plate_1.jpgplate_2.jpg

This just arrived in the mail. Very nice fit (just laying in place, not affixed yet). Well worth the cost. I am going to tinker with this tonight after work. Awesome job, thank you tomm1999!

switch_cut.jpgtrigger_pin.jpg

I used a Dremel to cut the pin from the switch. As you will note, there is a gap between the pin and the screw. The screw and the pin will tighten against the body of the gun and very securely hold it in place. The pin will not fall out. I think that I am going to fill the lettering and holes with JB Weld SteelStick. Sanding it down, then hopefully bluing it (or painting that section if needed). I then think I will use E6000 to apply the metal face in place. I may not get around to this until the weekend, so any direction or advice is welcome.

plate_bluing_1.jpg

I did a little bluing tonight on the plate. I think that I will give it a few more passes tomorrow. I want to finish this project (for now...) this weekend.

That looks great! Its nice to see someone complete it. Unfortunately I have been working on other projects I haven't been able to start mine. I played around with the screw and post I got the selector switch off, just need to cut the extra length ff.

Any problems with bluing the plate? I used a fine sanding sponge to smooth most of the deeper scratches out (comes like that from the metal place) and a grinding wheel to fit the curve.

I did a little bluing tonight on the plate. I think that I will give it a few more passes tomorrow. I want to finish this project (for now...) this weekend.

That looks great! Its nice to see someone complete it. Unfortunately I have been working on other projects I haven't been able to start mine. I played around with the screw and post I got the selector switch off, just need to cut the extra length ff.

Any problems with bluing the plate? I used a fine sanding sponge to smooth most of the deeper scratches out (comes like that from the metal place) and a grinding wheel to fit the curve.
Thank you sir! Doing my part to hopefully inspire more people to take advantage of your second run.

There were no problematic scratches on mine.

I placed it in a ziplock with some Aluminum Black, and it took right away. There was a small area that was still rather light. I leave it in the bag a few minutes while I rub it through the bag. Take it out and rinse in warm water. Wipe dry, lightly run some steel wool across it, then place it back into ziplock a second time (this time the lighter spot took better). Removed, rinsed, dried, and repeated in the bag a third time. Rinsed, then applied gun oil. I will likely run it under steel wool again tomorrow and apply more AB.

Glad it worked. It was a bit of a pain fitting them, I used a bench grinder and finished with a file. I ruined 2 or 3 of them doing it, but wasn't sure if everyone had the tools necessary to fit it themselves. And it would have taken a good while to do it by hand.

Glad its working out for everyone! Keep the pics coming!

it fits perfectly! You did one heck of a job on these!

I think this is what you call a perfect fit!IMG_0001 (2).JPG

I'm interested in getting a selector switch plug when they are available.

Quick update, all orders paid On or before June 29th have gone out, everything from the 30th through tomorrow will ship tomorrow. If you paid via paypal you can find tracking there.

Sorry I don't update the list on page one, but its hard to do if your RPF name isn't in the paypal notes. I figured its not a big deal since you get the shipping notice from paypal

Last edited:
I think I am finally caught up and have a few spares sitting on hand that just need to be fitted. I will probably cut 10 more to have on hand.
aljf Im glad you like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back