PropShop announces TFA Props!

jtothegriff

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So if you haven't seen already, Lucasfilm has given PropShop a license to create more TFA props, including Chewie's bowcaster, Rey's Lightsaber (as they call it), even the melted Vader Helmet!
These are obviously high-end collectors items, and are priced from $1.25k US upwards.

https://collectibles.starwars.com/

What do you guys think? Interesting about an official, high-end "Rey" lightsaber being made.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds a little crazy. Especially when a replica can had for 1/10th the price. Maybe they're using ebay as a source for their graflex bodies. Not sure what they're doing that can justify that price, for a static hilt no less ?

How many companies do they have doing prop or costume replicas now? Seems like it used to be just one for each now it seems like the props have more than once official company doing them?

It all seems ridiculously overpriced. You can get a real Graflex on eBay for 1/3-1/2 of what they're charging for Rey's saber. The helmets don't look significantly better than Anovos premier helmets. Somebody out there will buy them though.

Everyone has access to the same technology today.
Not sure why they believe that these pieces are exponentially more valuable than a company like anovos who is making a profit at a fraction of the cost.

What a bunch of ****

Most licensed props are terrible at best.

Now you know why replica prop enthusiasts are LEGEND:D

It's called The RPF!

Of course there is a market for peeps who don't want to build or know how.

I suppose their money will be well spent.

I second the great reference sentiment. Now I can finally start building up a kylo ren saber cad file!

Considering you can get the plastic tfa anovos helmet for cheap on amazon now which is pretty damn accurate, more so than their fiberglass version, it says a lot that these companies are putting these things out for such an extreme markup.

The FAQ has some interesting details: https://collectibles.starwars.com/faq/

"To protect your investment, your Star Wars collectible includes RFID (Radio-Frequency Identification) technology that can validate the authenticity of your item. The serial number listed on the enclosed certificate and medallion of authenticity is also encoded on the RFID device embedded in your collectible."

The FAQ has some interesting details: https://collectibles.starwars.com/faq/

"To protect your investment, your Star Wars collectible includes RFID (Radio-Frequency Identification) technology that can validate the authenticity of your item. The serial number listed on the enclosed certificate and medallion of authenticity is also encoded on the RFID device embedded in your collectible."

What they really mean is "we'll know if you're a dirty recaster selling these on ebay"

..and for that kind of money I'd expect a helmet that I could put on and SEE through, even if it's not intended as a costume item.

Plus bad luck if you live outside the US.

Can someone please post the images here, especially the Kylo Ren ones? Their website is blocked for me. Thanks

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back