Rogue One Vader costume

Wow, only seen the film in cinema once, but based on these screengrabs I think it's more down to the cape (and how the armor sits) with me than anything else. Also if I compare how the OT capes flow down on his shoulders to the R1 one I can't help but think that whoever designed the R1 cape thought that the robes over the chest armor in ANH were part of the main cape. At least the flow of the cape seems to emulate that line, imagine seeing an ANH photo from 2 steps away squinting. Then they probably realized and CGI-d the robes over. :p

Man, if he had looked like this in all his scenes I think it would've been perfect. At least helmet-wise.

The face mask and dome are perfectly mated in this shot. Pure ANH.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170322/e543e2de449bf2bdc53d12f3ab8416cb.jpg

Now if they had just toned down the redness of the eyes....

ABSOLUTELY Right! I think this is due to the fact that in this picture we are actually seeing Spencer Wilding in the suit rather than Daniel Naprous ( who played Vader in the scenes that ended up in the movie). Pue speculation but it would make sense!

Some caps I first posted yesterday
BadassVader1.jpg BadassVader2.jpg BadassVader3.jpg BadassVader4.jpg BadassVader5.jpg

I can't find any data on Daniel Naprous height. Spencer Wilding is said to be 6'7" but supposedly none of his shots made the movie. At most, the actor is only 1 to 2 inches taller than Prowse was.

anyone else think this vader is much larger then prowes? im not complaining, it just to me looks like a much larger guy

Taller but not more muscular. The chest is too shallow, the arms and legs too thin. Overall, i think the issues were more fit and lighting than actual costume problems, except for the space diaper of course...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You Vader guys crack me up! The nit pickings in this thread over things like how the cape flows, lenses are too red, or if the helmet fit is 2mms off when compared to ANH.

Stormtrooper fans have a real gripe. The egregious and heavy handed changes to the ANH armor in rogue one is unacceptable. Every single part has been changed.

At least Rogue One Vader largely passes for ANH! Can't say that about the troopers.

You Vader guys crack me up! The nit pickings in this thread over things like how the cape flows, lenses are too red, or if the helmet fit is 2mms off when compared to ANH.

Stormtrooper fans have a real gripe. The egregious and heavy handed changes to the ANH armor in rogue one is unacceptable. Every single part has been changed.

At least Rogue One Vader largely passes for ANH! Can't say that about the troopers.
Lets say the R1 troopers on Scariff and other scenes have been outfitted by different Imperial supply base manufacturers from the Corporate Sector. Different toolng, part revisions, older models.....you get the idea.

A lot of the OT troopers had stickers for jowl stripes and armor held on by gaffer tape too. Whatcha gonna do to recreate that?

Turning stickers or painted stripes into real vents is fine. Even fixing some asymmetry is fine.

What is not fine is complete and total reshaping of every Stormtrooper part in appearance and fit. That is what they did for Rogue One.

It would be like passing off Revenge of the Sith Vader as ANH in Rogue One.

At least they made SOME effort to match ANH for Vader in Rogue One.

Lets say the R1 troopers on Scariff and other scenes have been outfitted by different Imperial supply base manufacturers from the Corporate Sector. Different toolng, part revisions, older models.....you get the idea.

A lot of the OT troopers had stickers for jowl stripes and armor held on by gaffer tape too. Whatcha gonna do to recreate that?

And I am betting even 98 percent of the public thinks the Stormtroopers look the same. Probably close to the same amount of overall SW fans think so too. You got that 1 to 2 percent here that get nuts over it.

The only thing I didn't really care for on the R1 troopers are the buckets. I know they're all based on the ANH stunt helmets, but I just have a soft side for that tight brow look with the bubble lenses. The rest I don't mind. The Stormtroopers look different in every movie anyway, as does Vader.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back