proton pack sound....what Options are new?

KrangPrime

Master Member
So, My new problem for the day.

13102696_10154023606995211_783876866015944051_n.jpg

Getting a bigger office, so I wanted to wall hang the old proton pack. Got the dust buster out, cleaned cobwebs, checked wires. lights still work fine. but the sound is another issue.

I can't even remember where I got the chip setup from...but i'm going to have to figure out a way to trouble shoot it, hopefully without having to buy new stuff to test it...just not sure
what to go about doing first.

The first problem I noticed, was that the power pack had a leaked battery. I replaced it, and cleaned it out as best I could, but that didn't do anything. I'm going to get a new battery pack on monday to see if it's something simple.

worst case scenario....new speaker/dead speaker? fried chip?

curious what's new in sound systems these days. I still have everyhing labled, so I know where all the wires go, but it'll be a pain in the ass to set up something new.
not evenv sure if the chip maker from the old chip is still in b usiness. this was a few years ago..

So, My new problem for the day.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=44588198d001ae74d40003b12cac79fc&oe=57A32E43
Getting a bigger office, so I wanted to wall hang the old proton pack. Got the dust buster out, cleaned cobwebs, checked wires. lights still work fine. but the sound is another issue.

I can't even remember where I got the chip setup from...but i'm going to have to figure out a way to trouble shoot it, hopefully without having to buy new stuff to test it...just not sure
what to go about doing first.

The first problem I noticed, was that the power pack had a leaked battery. I replaced it, and cleaned it out as best I could, but that didn't do anything. I'm going to get a new battery pack on monday to see if it's something simple.

worst case scenario....new speaker/dead speaker? fried chip?

curious what's new in sound systems these days. I still have everyhing labled, so I know where all the wires go, but it'll be a pain in the ass to set up something new.
not evenv sure if the chip maker from the old chip is still in b usiness. this was a few years ago..

That sound board looks like the same one that I got from member Replica Props on here. http://replicaprops.com/Sound-board-for-props-and-costumes-model-4M_p_64.html

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back