Unlimited Run Jimmiroquai's Rebels Darth Vader Armor: Now Accepting Orders

jimmiroquai

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all!

Months ago i got on Reelprops and Rocketeer's Rebels Vader helmet run and slowly started acquiring stuff to build a Rebels Vader costume.
I bought and converted a black series lightsaber, ANH gloves and buckle from Fenix props, and had my tailor start on the body suit, inner robe, and cape. I received Reelprops's helmet and it was awesome.

Back in March i commissioned Hass Dardo to model the armor for me. For those of you who don't know him, he makes excellent, excellent and well designed Starwars 3D models and pep files. He has collaborated in the past with other prop builders like TZA. You can check out his awesome Facebook page in the link below.

https://www.facebook.com/HDprops/

He came up with this model:

Here are the pics of the Plaster masters:

Here is the prototype armor:

NOTE: the central ridge on the chest is wrong and has since been corrected. See pics of painted armor below

After doing more research, it was determined that the shins are supposed to be enclosed. So we modified our FOTK rear shin armor to fit the Vader shins:

Here's how the unpainted armor looks like being worn.
NOTE: In these pics, I am 5'9 barefoot, but i am wearing elevator boots which bring me up to 6'1. I've also trimmed the sides off the prototype armor for better mobility, so the kit will be about 1.5" wider at the sides. I also have the dome sitting too high.

Here is how the armor looks like painted up:

And here are pics of the completed costume:

Rebels Vader Armor Kits include the Chest, Shoulder bells, Front shins, and Rear Legs.

This is cast in durable, flexible lightweight fiberglass

I am selling raw, unpainted flexible fiberglass sets only

Pricing is as follows (all prices plus shipping)
REBELS VADER ARMOR (Chest + shoulder bells+ front and rear shins) : $300 USD
BODYSUIT (made of quilted stretch vinyl and dry fit material): $225 USD
INNER ROBE: $100 USD
CAPE: $90 USD

PACKAGES:
FULL KIT: ARMOR + BODYSUIT+ INNER ROBE + CAPE = $700 USD
SOFT PARTS ONLY = $400

Links to other parts:

Hass Dardo props:
https://www.facebook.com/HDprops/

Real Leather body suit, gloves, belt buckle
http://store.fenixprops.com/

Chest box / buckle: PM Studio 49 here on RPF

I’ll be needing a 40% deposit (40% of the total price excluding shipping) to start casting your kit

Lead time is usually 1-2 weeks for the armor 2-3 weeks for the soft parts.

Measurement chart for the soft parts:

This ships from the Philippines via Express Mail Service (EMS, 1-2weeks) or Philpost International Parcel Service (2-3 weeks), both with tracking. (Due to the backward postal system of my country, tracking info may be delayed but delivery service is not, so rest assured while it may take some time for tracking to update, your package will be on its way.)

My Paypal is jimmiroquai@yahoo.com

1st RUN
1) mistervader - DP paid
2)
3)
4)
5)

Last edited:
Re: Jimmiroquai's Rebels D.V. Armor: Interest Thread

You should edit the title of the post so to spell out "Darth Vader" for people who don't make the abbreviation connection... That will def get more people to check in on the thread just off name recognition :)

Re: Jimmiroquai's Rebels Vader Armor: Interest Thread

Evening all, first of all that armour looks mint mate well done ;)
Here's hoping you can fill the run! If you want you may as well throw up a thread on the SLD as well.
Thanks for the mention also, for those who don't know me I'm Jonah (Studio 49). 50% of the chest box is done (Rods & rocker switches) and when I get a break form University work soon I'll finish off the rest ;)

Again, looking awesome mate and I can say that from the Fordo helmet I got from Jim he does top notch work!
Good luck with the run ;)

Hi all!
This will be only for the Chest plate, shoulder armor, shin armor, and belt boxes

You can order the Chest box from Studio 49 here on the RPF

Prototype casts are in! Sorry i was excited and failed to take pics before i started assembling. I trimmed about 3/4"-1" from the sides of the Chest armor for better mobility on mine.

20160507_220846_zpsmhfs2gsy.jpg

20160507_220912_zpszccdaily.jpg

20160507_220900_zpsipt3nd2g.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm 5'9 barefoot. In the pic i'm wearing elevator boots bringing me up to 6'1. Shin length is 18 3/4"

UPDATED AS OF: 7/12/16
Casting on demand!

Hi all! We've finally finished up our waiting lists and for now, we can start casting on demand. Order now and we can get a set ready for you in 1-2 weeks.

Quick question.
I saw in another thread you made the chest and belt boxes too. Will you be making runs of those too? Or is it just strictly the armor?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oh my god, I am in love. Do you think this would fit me? 6'0, 155-160 lbs? I know I'm too small for most Vader kits, but this sounds like it would fit! And Rebels!Vader is hands down my favorite design!

I might have to wait until next year to order it, but hopefully you're still doing these then! Absolutely GORGEOUS work!

Hi, interested in getting this in the future, just wondering if you could fix the photo links since Photobucket went bad (can vaguely remember them from before :D)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back