yes, another Hasbro Hero Millenium Falcon conversion.

hi guys, sorry for lack of updates recently. work has been stupidly busy and i've had a few weekends away from home. but i managed to get a little bit done on the inner jaw box area, but with no luck finding any good reference pics i ended up having to use other modellers work as reference, specifically randy coopers.
IMG_6811.JPGrandy coopers.

as you can probably tell my falcon isn't screen accurate.
I'm going for a more functional look :).
any way here are the pics of where I'm at with these at the moment. enjoy.

IMG_6812.JPGIMG_6814.JPG

IMG_6815.JPGIMG_6817.JPG

IMG_6818.JPGIMG_6819.JPG

IMG_6822.JPGIMG_6830.JPG

will hopefully get some more done to these this week. :)

i managed to get a little more done to inner jaw boxes and back wall this week. also, i sprayed the main hull with adhesion aid, in preperation for adding the missing hull plates, once i cut them out :)
IMG_6940.JPGback wall,

IMG_6938.JPGupper plate

IMG_6935.JPG lower plate.

IMG_6834.JPG

IMG_6937.JPG

IMG_6936.JPG

so I'm slowly getting there :)

one question, what adhesives would you guys recommend for sticking styreen to this plastic?

thanks for looking :)

Last edited:
hi fellas,

i finally got round to doing some priming today, thought id share my progress :)

IMG_6971.JPG
IMG_6972.JPG
IMG_6978.JPG
IMG_6982.JPG
I'm very pleased with how they turned out!

but now of course, im debating weather or not to buy randy coopers upgrade kit or just bite the bullet and scratch build the sidewalls? hmm...

cheers for looking :)

I'm thinking they should have hired you to work on the falcon for the new films. I'm LOVING this

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

thanks Astro :) i wish!!

small update,

i added some small details to the back wall of the jaw-box, just to start blending it into the inner mandible walls.
IMG_6984.JPG (sorry about the strange angles on my pictures, i use my iPhone, and when i upload them to my PC to post, windows doesn't keep the correct orientation??)

also i thought these might work for the 6 engine fan/vent wells. (they're just taped in place at the moment)

IMG_6985.JPG
IMG_6986.JPG

they were originally plug hole strainers, which i picked up in pound land :) almost a perfect fit too!

cheers.

Thank you sir
I'll probably add some fan like thing to sit at the bottom. Since I started this project, I am now constantly on the look out for any thing that I could use for it lol.

Hi guys,

Work was a little slow today, so i got to play with our laser cutter :)

IMG_6999.JPG

i made the ring out of 1.5mm plywood, the mesh is screen door mesh, too big i know, but will do until i can find another alternative!

IMG_7005.JPG

IMG_7006.JPG

IMG_7008.JPG

what do you guys think? could use your expert opinions please :)

Cheers.

You could use these Mr Greebly :D
They're not accurate to the filming model but once they're under some mesh or photoetch I think they look cool enough.

IMAG1067_zpsv6dbubbw.jpg

IMAG1065_zpshr7hutgu.jpg

Hi darth, my build is on hold while I'm away soaking up the sun in Greece. But it's never far from my thoughts! Thanks for your interest, I look forward to seeing your build!

- - - Updated - - -

Ooh nice Neo, those look interesting! Where did you get those from?

Hmmmm that is very very interesting I might take you up on those Neo, I do have an idea that I was working on ( no pictures yet tho ) Im planning on knocking one up when I get back in sept. And if it looks crap I'll probably contact you via DM? I love the detail in yours!! Good work there m8.

Edit.
Also (while I think about it ) I've been toying with idea of moulding and casting alot lately, as I'm quickly using up my collection of Greeblies. Could i ask what resins you use and also what do you use to make your molds? Ive never done any moulding or casting before, so any advice you could provide would gratefully received!

Cheers

Last edited:
i managed to get a little more done to inner jaw boxes and back wall this week. also, i sprayed the main hull with adhesion aid, in preperation for adding the missing hull plates, once i cut them out :)
View attachment 632460back wall,

View attachment 632459upper plate

View attachment 632456 lower plate.

View attachment 632455

View attachment 632458

View attachment 632457

so I'm slowly getting there :)

one question, what adhesives would you guys recommend for sticking styreen to this plastic?

thanks for looking :)

I'm sorry to bother you, but I am loving what you have done with the scratch building / Kit bashing to make these pieces. Could you shed some light on what model kits you pulled from to create the box jaws... Very inspiring...

Unfortunately, we've not seen Mr. Greebly here since 2017... perhaps he will rejoin the festivities in the future.
Regards, Robert

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back