STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS QUESTIONS YOU ALWAYS WANTED ANSWERS FOR and OBSERVATIONS

JBLAKE

Sr Member
A few questions some may be able to help with.

1 In the scene on Maz's planet why when Han is talking to Rey does Han age about 15 years in appearance on his face when rey says she wants to go back to Jakku? Watch it again Han looks almost unrecognizable.

2 guavian death gang troopers are they human aliens or robots?

3 When Finn goes looking for water after his crash he asks 3 people at the village for water. The third person/alien says to Finn " I shot the Copolia " . Who is the Copolia? Do we ever see the Copolia?

4 what is the name of the ridiculous looking droid who tells the resistance that bb8 is at Maz's Castle. I thought I read somewhere that was supposed to be played by a female human?

Last edited:
Re: STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS QUESTIONS YOU ALWAYS WANTED ANSWERS FOR and OBSERVATI

Why has Luke got a mechanical claw instead of the artificial hand fitted at the end of Empire. I know his hand was damaged in Jedi, but still, this is a drastic fashion move!

Re: STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS QUESTIONS YOU ALWAYS WANTED ANSWERS FOR and OBSERVATI

A few questions some may be able to help with.

1 In the scene on Maz's planet why when Han is talking to Rey does Han age about 15 years in appearance on his face when rey says she wants to go back to Jakku? Watch it again Han looks almost unrecognizable.

2 guavian death gang troopers are they human aliens or robots?

3 When Finn goes looking for water after his crash he asks 3 people at the village for water. The third person/alien says to Finn " I shot the Copolia " . Who is the Copolia? Do we ever see the Copolia?

4 what is the name of the ridiculous looking droid who tells the resistance that bb8 is at Maz's Castle. I thought I read somewhere that was supposed to be played by a female human?

visual dictionary says:

Gavin death gang
- the Guavian death gang's red armored foot soldiers are faceless killers who have sworn loyalty in exchanger for cybernetic augmentations. A mechanical reservoir pump acts as a second heart, injecting a secret concoction of chemicals directly into the bloodstream, boosting a Guavian soldiers speed and aggression to deadly levels. everything about them is inhuman and highly illegal.

GA-97
- unassuming servant droid GA-97 is aligned with the resistance, and plugged into their intelligence network.

Why has Luke got a mechanical claw instead of the artificial hand fitted at the end of Empire. I know his hand was damaged in Jedi, but still, this is a drastic fashion move!

i think the mechanical hand was in ESB just covered in a skin graph. i think he pulled the skin off to remind himself when tempted by the dark..... kinda like how he looked at his hand when he defeated vader, that mechanical hand made him realize what will happen to him if he continues to go the way he was while facing vader, and brought him back to the light

- - - Updated - - -

my question and though we will probably never get the answer knowing JJ. what was the journey of Luke's saber and how did Maz get it. there was something i heard where Maz sent some of her goons on a secret mission to steal it from the first order. this would make sense if it were true when in the forest scene kylo tells finn "that lightsaber belongs to me"

i have couple of TFA questions but now trying to think of them on the spot i can't lol

Can we deduce anything from the film itself, as to the where and when of Harrison's on-set injury? The only specificity I ever heard reported at the time of the accident (or since) was that a door on the Millennium Falcon fell on his leg.

If anyone has anything more specific and definitive than that, I'd be interested in hearing it.

Thanks.

The Wook

Can we deduce anything from the film itself, as to the where and when of Harrison's on-set injury? The only specificity I ever heard reported at the time of the accident (or since) was that a door on the Millennium Falcon fell on his leg.

If anyone has anything more specific and definitive than that, I'd be interested in hearing it.

Thanks.

The Wook

yes that is a good question, what door? the main entrance door? is there a door to the cockpit?

Thank you Halliwax.
That explains the Guavians helmets then. Boy is their backstory just gross.
That little droid that warned the Resistance GA-97 is so unassuming he makes a great spy.

Did anyone notice the drastic change in Hans face and what he looks like when he is talking to Rey on Maz's Planet. It was just creepy. Very Reminiscent of Obi wan in the elevator talking to Anakin in AOTC.

Also anyone know who Coplia is or was. I know I heard that 3rd person on Jakku tell Finn he shot the Copolia. If you play it and listen to the third person he asks for water. You could clearly hear him say " I shot the Copolia "

Thanks.

The Wook

yes that is a good question, what door? the main entrance door? is there a door to the cockpit?

The only door we see opening that could fall on Harrison is the airlock door at the top of the ramp which Han & Chewie open & step out on to the main corridor on their 'Chewie....we're home"

You can see Harrison joke about the door and re-enacts the event as he enters the studio of Jimmy Kimmel:

J

Last edited by a moderator:

The only door we see opening that could fall on Harrison is the airlock door at the top of the ramp which Han & Chewie open & step out on to the main corridor on their 'Chewie....we're home"

You can see Harrison joke about the door and re-enacts the event as he enters the studio of Jimmy Kimmel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vouZAuiMJkc

J

Jimmy obviously did not get what Harrison was talking about regarding his little reenactment during his entrance. But yeah, it's got to be the door at the top of the ramp. I'd just be interested in hearing specifics some day about what happened, were they filming that "Chewie, we're home" shot, etc.?

Thanks for the clip.

The Wook

This is the most detailed description of the accident I've heard, though there's no telling how accurate it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you Halliwax.
That explains the Guavians helmets then. Boy is their backstory just gross.
That little droid that warned the Resistance GA-97 is so unassuming he makes a great spy.

Did anyone notice the drastic change in Hans face and what he looks like when he is talking to Rey on Maz's Planet. It was just creepy. Very Reminiscent of Obi wan in the elevator talking to Anakin in AOTC.

Also anyone know who Coplia is or was. I know I heard that 3rd person on Jakku tell Finn he shot the Copolia. If you play it and listen to the third person he asks for water. You could clearly hear him say " I shot the Copolia "

I didn't notice any drastic change in Ford's appearance. Just a look of concern. I don't think the character says "I shot the Copolia." It's just alien dialog you think sounds like that.

this would make sense if it were true when in the forest scene kylo tells finn "that lightsaber belongs to me"

I believe he feels this way because the saber ALSO was Annakin Skywalker's, AKA Darth Vader. Since he idolized Vader PLUS Vader was his grandfather, IMO he feels like it is his birthright.

I've got a big one:

Even before the movie came out, people started insisting "it's just like the OT!" Why does anyone think that? Sure the key players are back and there's plenty of references and callbacks, but that's it. The cinematography, editing, overall look of the film is different (in spite of the insistence on using film and "real" sets).

I'm not saying that automatically makes it good or bad, but it isn't the same either.

I've got a big one:

Even before the movie came out, people started insisting "it's just like the OT!" Why does anyone think that? Sure the key players are back and there's plenty of references and callbacks, but that's it. The cinematography, editing, overall look of the film is different (in spite of the insistence on using film and "real" sets).

I'm not saying that automatically makes it good or bad, but it isn't the same either.

I think it's more along the lines of "young waif on desert planet finds droid(s), leaves planet on Millenium Falcon, learns that they're a Jedi, giant superweapon destroys planet(s), one of our heroes is captured by the baddie organization, newly discovered Jedi fights against Dark Force user". Which is pretty much the basics of the original trilogy (mainly the first half of ANH and the climax of ESB).

I didn't notice any drastic change in Ford's appearance. Just a look of concern.

Actually, I have to say that I DID notice a big difference in that scene (where Han is talking to Rey outside the Falcon and hands her a blaster) - and I did think Ford looked much older in that scene than elsewhere in the film. His face looks much looser and more tired, and his hair appears thinner, longer and more unkempt - all of it contributing to him really showing his age (or older). Now, of course that could be due to being filmed at a different time, or being filmed in (what appears to be) outdoors when all the prior scenes were indoors - but, yeah, that scene that really stuck out to me on my first viewing as well (and still does.)

M

my question and though we will probably never get the answer knowing JJ. what was the journey of Luke's saber and how did Maz get it. there was something i heard where Maz sent some of her goons on a secret mission to steal it from the first order. this would make sense if it were true when in the forest scene kylo tells finn "that lightsaber belongs to me"

I pictured a janitor from Cloud City finds it, holds onto it for a while, then puts it up for sale on Star Wars equivalent of E-Bay where Kylo Ren got outbid at the last millisecond :lol

That's not exactly what I was getting at. Everything that the OT was and the PT wasn't , TFA suddenly was again, I just don't see it (or agree).

I pictured a janitor from Cloud City finds it, holds onto it for a while, then puts it up for sale on Star Wars equivalent of E-Bay where Kylo Ren got outbid at the last millisecond :lol

Then destroyed his computer & desk. Unfortunatley, that's also where he kept his pod racer model, and that got taken out too.

It isn't addressed in TFA, but my take was that the flesh was burned off of the false hand shortly before the scene we saw in Rey's vision of Luke crouching next to R2 and he extends that mechanical hand as they sit beside some sort of fire. Perhaps the flesh was burned off as he tried to rescue someone from a burning building?

Dunno, but it would make sense that if this did happen during the destruction of his Jedi Academy--and he went into self-imposed exhile immediately after--that he probably didn't bother to get the flesh restored, and may indeed have left it that way as a reminder / pennace for having had his nephew turn dark and destroy what he was doing with the Jedi.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back