Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice - Kryptonite Spear Discussion

I will have access to a printer. This looks amazing. I will def keep an eye out for this. Great job bro

Any chance you have or have access to a 3D printer? I plan on releasing the file once i'm finished with it

- - - Updated - - -

I will have access to a printer. This looks amazing. I will def keep an eye out for this. Great job bro

Yeah that's it! that was the main image i used as reference for the kryptonite tip

thanks! I've been swamped with work and haven't had much spare time lately to finish the model but hopefully within a month or two the model will be done and i'll put up a thread with the files. I'll be sure to message you when the files are released to give you a heads up

I was messing around with some small leds the other day, had some tin foil as well to try and amplify the brightness. It didn't work as well as I had hoped, there was more light than without, however not nearly as bright as what I had thought. I need to find a brighter more malleable material for the innards of the spear.ar.

well. Here I am!
so me and my kid got to work and just finished hope you like.. It's just a quick build..nothing painted yet. he's already running around with it! lol
kryptonite spear1.jpgkryptonite spear2.jpgkryptonite spear3.jpgkryptonite spear4.jpgkryptonite spear5.jpgkryptonite spear6.jpgkryptonite spear7.jpgkryptonite spear8.jpgkryptonite spear9headlamp.jpg

thanks! I've been swamped with work and haven't had much spare time lately to finish the model but hopefully within a month or two the model will be done and i'll put up a thread with the files. I'll be sure to message you when the files are released to give you a heads up

I'll look forward to file release.

Thanks

Hey guys, I don't generally post on any forums but thought I'd give everyone here some good info on the kryptonite spear..

There is now an Etsy seller that offers two versions of the kryptonite spear named CrotaSoulStudios. One is a finished version, the other is for the STL files so that you can customize, print at your leisure, etc. I opted to get the STL files and there is a great amount of detail in them...and from what I can tell it looks very, very accurate.

Finished spear kit:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/466808...l&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=batman spear&ref=sr_gallery_8

STL Files:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/480299...l&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=batman spear&ref=sr_gallery_1

Cheers!

I found the kryptonite spear vector> printed it> created a stencil> glued 3 eva crafty foam together (.5 inches each)> used a rotary tool to shave down the sides > put a bottle cap on the bottom (for easy screw on) > poured oomoo silicone rubber, creating a negative mold > Poured a thin layer of plastic resin > used clear green tint to paint > because it was hollow, I jammed a small string of LED lights in there and came up with the following:

13563704_10155114557768782_1539137918_n_zpspeeilviw.jpegWP_20170122_13_45_36_Pro.jpgWP_20170122_10_07_10_Pro.jpgWP_20170122_10_03_31_Pro.jpgWP_20170122_10_02_45_Pro.jpgWP_20170122_10_01_33_Pro.jpgWP_20170117_04_38_04_Pro.jpgWP_20170117_04_37_51_Pro.jpgInstagramCapture_7bdcdc9f-00d6-46e5-bdf9-f88cc4d491a1.jpgWP_20170122_13_45_41_Pro.jpg

I glued some spare eva craft foam and took a rotary tool to get the shape of the spear head. I coated it with spray paint, let dry, rubbed it with vaseline, then I molded it using 100% silicone caulk and naphtha. I wanted the mold to be pourable, and also cure all the way through; so I used a bunch of naphtha until the silicone was runny. I poured in about 15 drops of blue dawn dish soap and stirred. I poured all over the master and let dry for a few days. I put a book on top because i notice some shrinkage in the silicone and it was warping. I demolded, and then I mixed ultra clear epoxy resin with green epoxy dye. I let the mold sit for 3 days and this is what I was able to make.

I'm going to spend some cash on OOMOO as the DIY silicone mold continued to shrink and warp. I should have let it completely dry (about a week.)

WP_20170227_20_22_55_Pro.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back