The unpopular but very cool s-5 blaster

westarsmith

I always thought the Ascension blaster in Phantom Menace was nifty. So with research, weeks of machining and fitting and the invaluable help of Odiwan72, I was able to construct this blaster.
The Feinwerkbau C-55 airpistol that the blaster was based on is very difficult (and expensive) to find. So I built it pretty much from scratch first and then converted it to the s-5.
Westarsmith

Attachments

• ella3c552 003.JPG
    ella3c552 003.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 162
  • ella3c552 001.JPG
    ella3c552 001.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 142
  • ella3s-5 004.JPG
    ella3s-5 004.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 194
  • ella3s-5 006.JPG
    ella3s-5 006.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 236
What a beauty! My favorite SW blaster to date. I had a resin pull of the barrel and actual wood grips and sold them off a few years ago. I never should have! I WANT ONE!

Hey Steve

I am still in awe by your workmanship and can´t believe, that this beauty was built basically from scratch (with the exception of the few real parts).
You´ve outdone yourself to create one of the "red-headed stepchilds" of the StarWars prop dept. :lol

WONDERFUL!!!

You know me, and my thoughts regarding most not OT blasters. ;)

I really like his build and skills, but the gun itself fits better to Prometheus or another SF movie than to SW (for me, and not his fault).

You know me, and my thoughts regarding most not OT blasters. ;)

I really like his build and skills, but the gun itself fits better to Prometheus or another SF movie than to SW (for me, and not his fault).

I agree with you. It's not one of these weapons that fit SW but should be in other SF instead.
But remember there are quite a few SW-esque blasters in sequels for example Grummgar's rifle, Li-Thrull's rifle, Crokind Shand/Captain Ithano's rifle (they were using the same prop), basically all Kanjiklub blasters, all refurbished DH-17s and JSP-14 Sarco Plano used.
Sadly there are less cool weapons in prequels.

I hope that Rogue One would have more blasters that fit SW.

You know, until I saw one on gunbroker, I never knew the other side of the handle was flat. Still don't understand that lmao these are weird pistols. Wonderful job scratch building this, it truly is a work of art

Thank you all for the kind words. It was a challenge but most of all it was fun! I just want to acknowledge again the superb assistance I received from Odiwan72.
You're the man Markus and you were right.
Now what's next....
Westarsmith

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back