Efx has a new $300 Darth Vader (precision cast replica) Helmet

What helmet was he talking about? Was it an original, screen used Vader helmet or something?

It was a production made gift helmet or something. ESB I think. A guy was looking to sell it for someone. I don't want to post anything else in case there is a reason behind its removal. I'd just like to know also as it disappeared pretty quickly.

Ben

I personally don't care myself, but I can understand a bit of the contempt someone would have who pays a licensing fee, which I'm sure is a fairly significant price, to produce a product legally vs someone that sells virtually the same product (i.e. a competitor) without paying any licensing fees (i.e. Committing Intellectual property theft) for profit regardless of what they are doing with said profit.

Now on the other hand publicly badmouthing said competitor in such a way on an open forum of fans is a pretty bad PR move & comes across a bit petty & childish.

If Efx wasn't a ****ty company, then Gino wouldn't have to be on here badmouthing competing product. Their production manager ought to be fired. Their costumer service is absolute joke. Their website? They still list products as "in development" that have been sold out for YEARS!!

As for licensing fees.... Gino has, I think, been involved with producing an unlicensed helmet or two.

I'll tell you this. If his goal was to rubbish the competition and get people to send more money to the black hole that is his "business," it has failed. I'd be inclined to buy one of these if the product were actually available, and if Gino weren't acting like a complete ass on here. Not now. I'd rather make a helmet out of paper mache and duct tape than buy an Efx product first hand.

I have what I personally believe to be the best cast available.If this helmets does get released then I may pick one up to sit next to it. I don't want to paint and finish my cast as I just love looking at the details. Problem is when friends see it they look at me funny because it's not finished. If I got this displayed next to it I can tell them "here's a finished helmet, put it on and play with it. Knock yourself out. "Best of both worlds. Also I'd allow my son to run around with it being so cheap. Lol.

As for the other helmet mentioned above my guess is that a moderator or friends of a moderator wanted first dibs. Happens everywhere. Can't really blame them for it I guess. Just would be nice to hear the story once it is obtained. Hope we do get to see more though.I love drooling over originals. :)

Ben

I have what I personally believe to be the best cast available.If this helmets does get released then I may pick one up to sit next to it. I don't want to paint and finish my cast as I just love looking at the details. Problem is when friends see it they look at me funny because it's not finished. If I got this displayed next to it I can tell them "here's a finished helmet, put it on and play with it. Knock yourself out. "Best of both worlds. Also I'd allow my son to run around with it being so cheap. Lol.

As for the other helmet mentioned above my guess is that a moderator or friends of a moderator wanted first dibs. Happens everywhere. Can't really blame them for it I guess. Just would be nice to hear the story once it is obtained. Hope we do get to see more though.I love drooling over originals. :)

Ben

thanks Gizmo, I know I wasn't posting madness. I didn't save pictures but I thinks it's out of order that it was deleted without comment and has put a very sour taste in my mouth by the mods on here. It may happen but it certainly shows lack if integrity by the managing of the site and how they use us folk for self gain.

I have no idea what the hell you just said. :confused
the helmet was apparently a first generationANH, there was no trimming done on the mouth or neck areas. It was presented as one of only 2 direct casts from the ANH moulds, not cast from the helmet but the same moulds. One exists in Australia apparently and this one that was up for only a few hours, the father worked on the film. I posted the reply from the owner before

If Efx wasn't a ****ty company, then Gino wouldn't have to be on here badmouthing competing product. Their production manager ought to be fired. Their costumer service is absolute joke. Their website? They still list products as "in development" that have been sold out for YEARS!!

As for licensing fees.... Gino has, I think, been involved with producing an unlicensed helmet or two.

I'll tell you this. If his goal was to rubbish the competition and get people to send more money to the black hole that is his "business," it has failed. I'd be inclined to buy one of these if the product were actually available, and if Gino weren't acting like a complete ass on here. Not now. I'd rather make a helmet out of paper mache and duct tape than buy an Efx product first hand.

When he showed up in one of Roy's threads to beat his chest over his oh-so awesome T-tracks, that told me everything I needed to know about him.

The original post that was deleted kinda went like this(I have deleted the contact details)

"ok so my name is David ---------- (son of John ---------) and back in the 1970’s my Dad work in the film industry as a fibrous plasterer and worked on many many film sets, often working away form home for weeks at a time, but he would always bring me great presents back from mainly London.

in 1976/77 he worked on a little film called A New_Hope, we all know it better now as Star_Wars. My dad worked very closely with a friend called Allan who was in charge of casting props from clay moulds and one was a big black 2 piece helmet for a character called Darth_Vader. Allan cast a handful of the helmets which were sent to the next department to be sprayed and finished off ready to be seen on screen of the movie, however 2 unfinished helmets were cast, one was sent to Australia for one of his family members and the other was given to my Dad as a present for me :)

40 years later I still have Darth_Vader but now I feel he needs a new home, so here is someones opportunity to own a very very VERY rare piece of movie history.

Ok so the facts: This is an unfinished 2 piece Darth_Vader original helmet cast from the original mould.

Its unusually rare as only 2 were ever made and the second one is in a poor state and privately owns by a collector in Australia

I have a letter of authenticity from the very man who was employed to cast them so you can be 100% sure this is 100% genuine.

Now before anyone shouts its worthless as its not screen used, I believe differently and so do a few experts in the field of movie props, so i’m looking to see who may be interested in owning this fantastic item. Feel free to contact me directly through Facebook or by email at

the helmet was apparently a first generationANH, there was no trimming done on the mouth or neck areas. It was presented as one of only 2 direct casts from the ANH moulds, not cast from the helmet but the same moulds. One exists in Australia apparently and this one that was up for only a few hours, the father worked on the film. I posted the reply from the owner before

Yeah that was the story I read. While the mask looked ANH the helmet looked more ESB to me. I'm not a Vader expert though as much as others. :)

Ben

Looks like many authentic Vader helmets found a new home in Australia. The famous MP helmet also went to a collector in Australia. Would be interested in seeing it also.
Anyway thanks for posting pics and info guys.

Yeah it's all blowing a lot of hot air. All I care about is the present issue of all the people left hanging with money tied up in the Biker Scout fiasco.

Fix what's causing the delay NOW, start the new projects later.

There's absolutely nothing on their site they could offer for any reasonable price I would even possibly consider ordering from them ever again at this point.

I think once we get our final helmets that it will be like looking at your child and having it be a daily reminder of the awful ex you had the child with, but you will still love the child, ha!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well said.

If I had to guess, I'd say the reason the original post was removed was due to someone trying to make a sale outside of the Junkyard.
Thank you Funky for pointing out the obvious. :lol

C'mon guys, most of you (I would like to think all) know the rules so it shouldn't have been a surprise when it was removed... but I guess when it comes to Vader helmets there is so much passion, anger, hate and craziness involved that the blinders go up pretty quickly. ;)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back