Efx has a new $300 Darth Vader (precision cast replica) Helmet

The irritating thing about the Girod faceplate, the photography documenting the faceplate isn't that good for that publication - which may have been done on purpose. :confused

...and if anyone has Rick Baker mold photos, I'd love to see them.

I'm sure it was Carsten who posted some pics of the ANH Vader recently discovered in someones collection, ....i'll try and find it again......

Rich

Yea I did a quick run through of the various scenes in ANH via Blu Ray screen grabs. I don't see anything to suggest they used more than one helmet for the whole film, at least not the "Girod" faceplate. I find no evidence of the Girod in the various scenes. The biggest giveaway for the most familiar helmet is that on the same "cheek" that has the C-scare, there's a unique blemish off to the left-side edge of the cheek. From what I have seen, this is present in pretty much every scene he's presented in.

Now, it's not to say that the Girod faceplate isn't a direct to lineage, but I have nothing to say that it was in fact "screen used," nothing in the final movie at least..

Yea I did a quick run through of the various scenes in ANH via Blu Ray screen grabs. I don't see anything to suggest they used more than one helmet for the whole film, at least not the "Girod" faceplate. I find no evidence of the Girod in the various scenes. The biggest giveaway for the most familiar helmet is that on the same "cheek" that has the C-scare, there's a unique blemish off to the left-side edge of the cheek. From what I have seen, this is present in pretty much every scene he's presented in.

Now, it's not to say that the Girod faceplate isn't a direct to lineage, but I have nothing to say that it was in fact "screen used," nothing in the final movie at least..

Ad Nauseum analysis....

http://thepropden.aokforums.com/wanna-see-where-many-star-wars-props-screen-used-ends-vt4853.html

0.jpg1.jpg8.jpgbetter shots from a real camera

The irritating thing about the Girod faceplate, the photography documenting the faceplate isn't that good for that publication - which may have been done on purpose. :confused

...and if anyone has Rick Baker mold photos, I'd love to see them.

I'd go crazy over detailed mold photos. But even these deliverables in a fuzzy pic look awesome.
baker.jpg

I'm sure it was Carsten who posted some pics of the ANH Vader recently discovered in someones collection, ....i'll try and find it again......

Rich

There is a full thread with screenshots of the recently discovered Girod ANH Vader helmet on PropDen

I think this looks great especially for the price. It's exactly what I want in my cabinet next to my raw helmet so "normal" people can pull it out and play with it. Oh and me and my son can play with it too. I would never have the balls to play with my other helmet. Lol.

Ben

Hey, it's actually a lot nicer than i thought! And, to be honest, i'm the kind of person who likes to tinker....so i'd probably do the brush painting in any case!

Rich

Yes sir, it's gonna have to be painted to have the brushed look. That's the only paint I'm putting on this. I just want to practice on my cheapo $30 Rubies (Not the Supreme) first so that I get it down right. There's no getting around that for me, I need it as close to spot on screen-accurate as possible.

Later on down the road, and after I've sold some other props, I'll want to still keep this puppy, but hopefully someone can guide me to where I can find a fiberglass version. But for now, I'm more than satisfied with this.

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away

You have an insanely impressive collection...it made me gasp. Just awesome.
Mine is as big as my wife will allow without tormenting me about it.

I'm a weird collector in that I won't study a prop before I buy it, I just get it. If I don't like it, I sell it (usually taking a loss) and figure the money I paid was to rent it and evaluate it.
Pisses of my wife like you wouldn't believe. I can't help it when I get around Star Wars stuff. I'm 50 years old, but if you start talking Star Wars, I'm like ....12.

Just received a shipping notice from FedEx. Looks like the PCR Vader is on its way, & should be here Tuesday. According to the email, a few months back, I wasn't expecting to receive it till after I paid off the Scout helmet. I'm only into the Scout with a $300 deposit, & now I'm getting a $300 Vader helmet shipped. Interesting :behave

Just received a shipping notice from FedEx. Looks like the PCR Vader is on its way, & should be here Tuesday. According to the email, a few months back, I wasn't expecting to receive it till after I paid off the Scout helmet. I'm only into the Scout with a $300 deposit, & now I'm getting a $300 Vader helmet shipped. Interesting :behave

Is EFX a cousin o ANOVOS? I hear the same thing there too.
I'm personally done with IPO's and pre-order bullcrap. It doesn't make as much sense to me as it used to.

Well, according to Darth Noib, eFX has lost the Star Wars license. If Gino could confirm, that would be nice.
If true, it looks like this is the last Star Wars item from them. I wonder how many were actually made. This might be a VERY limited edition in the end.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back