Hasbro Slave 1 Discussion Thread

Capo

This thread is to discuss Hasbro Slave 1 conversions. Hasbro has released several versions of the Slave 1 over the years and determining which one is one of the "big" models can be a bit confusing. There are two models of the 19" Slave 1, both are listed below with images of their packaging.

Rise%20of%20Boba%20Fett%20packaging.jpg

-The Clone Wars - Rise of Boba Fett Ultimate Battle Pack
-Toys R Us exclusive
-Circa 2010

hqdefault.jpg

-Vintage Collection - Slave 1
-Amazon Exclusive
-Circa 2013

Slave-I-The-Vintage-Collection-Amazon-Star-Wars-036.jpg

Side by side comparison

5064142572_ca3ed77a18_b.jpg

Rise of Boba Fett Slave 1 size comparison to the smaller Hasbro Slave 1

When looking for one of these on eBay unpackaged there are a few notable ways to distinguish these models from the smaller ones:

slave2.jpg

The larger models will have a side opening compartment, in photos with it closed you will be able to see the hinges.

-p-image-324372-grande.jpg

The larger models will also have a 3 person cockpit

Differences between the two models (Thanks to Timmythekid for this info)
-Jango S1 has the slot for Solo in carbonite under the cockpit.
-Wings are softer rubber and the prison cell uses an opaque plastic on the ESB version. (Correction noted by rbeach84: The wings on the Rise of Boba Fett version are hard polystyrene except for the top-most F1 racer wing which is soft plastic)

Feel free to let me know any additional info I can add and please use this thread to discuss modifications and show off your work.

Last edited:
Great job, Capo! One correction, at least on the Jango (aka, the blue one) version I have, the wings are hard polystyrene except for the top-most F1 racer wing which is the soft plastic:
Hasbro_wing_rubberplastic.jpg

The wing breaks down into several parts and is pretty accurate considering. I will be using it as a reference when making more detailed versions, primarily for sizing as all the major donor kit components are represented (if simplified.)

Regards, Robert

That's what most of them I've been seeing on eBay have been priced at but I'm not ready to spend that personally. I saw one for $75 shipped earlier this week but it was gone within a few days. Is the one you're looking at in the box or unpackaged?

Is $100 a reasonable deal for a Slave 1 these days?

Perhaps for an original in-box full playset, but not for just the Slave 1 alone. In any case, if you are converting the 'toy' into a model, you'd only want the Slave, not the rest. Parting out a complete package seems sad.

Again, I recommend patience, perhaps even using alternative access to the second-hand market (such as yard sales, flea markets...) Might even consider a small classified ad in the local paper asking for one.

R/ Robert

Here's one (missing wings & entry ramp) that is available on eBay right now:
Large Size BIG Star Wars Slave 1 Jango Boba Fett Bounty Hunter Ship Hasbro 2010

Going for ~$20 plus your shipping cost.

Just like my 'junker'!

Another for $80 that is complete less the two 'missiles' for the stinger guns, with free shipping found here:
STAR WARS 2011 CLONE WARS SLAVE-1 LOOSE

and another almost complete (missing entry ramp) for Best offer or $69 plus shipping, right now:
STAR WARS TCW RISE OF BOBA FETT SLAVE 1 ULTIMATE BATTLE VEHICLE

And one more, starting bid of $0.99, for the entire boxed play set (missing the astromech droid), found here:
Star Wars - Slave 1 Rise of Boba Fett - Clone Wars 2 Ships -5 Figures Rare -18"[/h] So, some choice going on out there...

R/ Robert

Last edited:
I really regret not getting the big Slave 1, gonna check out those links rbeach84. I did grab the tiny 20 dollar version the other day. It is excessively small but I've seen a few guys make it look really pretty nice with a good paint job/weathering so figured it would be a fun and fast project.

To compliment Capo's original post & to assist any 'visual learners', here are the key identifying points for the 19" Hasbro toy (plus an illustration of the other large-ish Slave One): The Big One (click to enlarge)
Big_Slave One.jpg

The smaller one (actually I now see the slot is a feature of both...oops!)
Smaller Slave One.jpg

For those wanting to make a replacement 'rectenna' dish (because the toy's is rather shallow, for a start...), a near perfect vacuforming buck is found in a standard Schedule 40, 3" PVC glued pipe endcap. It looks mostly like the one pictured below, but has a bit more 'dome' to it. There are many brands, some with higher or lower domes, so you just need to eyeball it. The one I found at my local hardware (aka 'DIY') store was only a few bucks and although a bit 'tall' and needs to be trimmed down (to keep from thinning the plastic too much), it is just slightly larger in diameter than needed and shiny smooth. I originally had vac'ed over an LED lamp reflector shade I found around the house, but it had vent holes that would require me to fill before casting a buck from that first draw; in short, more work. This will give me a perfect 'blank slate' to build my new antenna...

2-6-2b.jpg

Regards, Robert

Last edited:
That $69 one just popped up in my email a little while ago and I almost bought it. That ramp wouldn't be hard to build out of some styrene I believe I just don't know if I want to spend the money right now.

What might the scale of these two ships be. I could be wrong, but I thought I remember reading somewhere that it actually scaled out around 1/32 or even 1/48?

What might the scale of these two ships be. I could be wrong, but I thought I remember reading somewhere that it actually scaled out around 1/32 or even 1/48?

Its close enough to 1/48 to fit the bill for my collection which is why I got all up in it. ;^P
Another RPF member (details escape me at the moment) did an analysis using the matte image of Han being loaded, used the Bobba figure visible (and the actors height) to scale the ship out. I used that to confirm the scale of the Big Hasbro. On the plus side, the toy is really well proportioned so you don't have to spend time correcting any basics...

Happy hunting!

R/ Robert

Hi

This is a great thread...thanks a lot! After having bought two Revell Slaves in the last three days...I now have one of those big ones on my radar as well! Fingers crossed...;-)

thanks
Uwe

Here's one (missing wings & entry ramp) that is available on eBay right now:
Large Size BIG Star Wars Slave 1 Jango Boba Fett Bounty Hunter Ship Hasbro 2010

Going for ~$20 plus your shipping cost.

Just like my 'junker'!

Another for $80 that is complete less the two 'missiles' for the stinger guns, with free shipping found here:
STAR WARS 2011 CLONE WARS SLAVE-1 LOOSE

and another almost complete (missing entry ramp) for Best offer or $69 plus shipping, right now:
STAR WARS TCW RISE OF BOBA FETT SLAVE 1 ULTIMATE BATTLE VEHICLE

And one more, starting bid of $0.99, for the entire boxed play set (missing the astromech droid), found here:
Star Wars - Slave 1 Rise of Boba Fett - Clone Wars 2 Ships -5 Figures Rare -18"[/h] So, some choice going on out there...

R/ Robert

Thank you. Best $20 I ever spent. Gonna scratch build some wings and repaint. Love toy conversions. Ok...I wouldnt mind if someone had a set of wings to at least base the construction off of. hahahah.

Last edited:
Thank you. Best $20 I ever spent. Gonna scratch build some wings and repaint. Love toy conversions. Ok...I wouldnt mind if someone had a set of wings to at least base the construction off of. hahahah.

Lear60man, I'll see what I can do about templates for the parts (I've already taken steps with my own set of wings because as good as the Hasbro parts are, they still are 'toy like'.) In the meanwhile, make sure you have access to some good pix of the original model to help get those wings (and other things...) sorted. Do you think you'll be replacing the antenna dish?

Glad you got it!

Regards, Robert

Last edited:
As an aside, the Hasbro toy currently widely available, usually packaged with a Bobba figure visible in a clear box cut-out, is about 11" long overall and essentially as well detailed as the 19" toy. This makes it about 1/82 scale, or just about the same as the MPC Slave 1 kit (which is 1/85 scale at last determination.) Pros and cons for one or the other, since the MPC kit is reportedly a tough build in places. Perhaps a 'kit-bash' could be done especially if you already have the kit in your stash so its bits could be used to detail the Hasbro toy. Here is the box and the toy to illustrate (gleaned from the Walmart online store...):

boba slave toy_box.jpg

boba slave toy.jpg

The Walmart site also seems to have an option of just the ship without a figure for around $20, based on the indicated packaging dimensions but I can only confirm the size of the illustrated product shown here as I did have one (and which started this whole 'Slave 1' mess for me personally!) The above ship shares the fine proportions and external detailing as the 19" toy, being only smaller... so obviously Hasbro leveraged their earlier product development data on this one.

Regards, Robert

Last edited:
Several postings in eBay for 19" Slave I toys; one is bidding with a low starting price and two have buy now with best offer tags... Good opportunity to pick one up!

Regards, Robert

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back