Newt Scamander Wand

Hmmm... pretty close!

I really wanna see a closer pic of the handle of the wand used in the movie. I wonder if they're gonna reveal it anytime soon.

Snippet from Pottermore interview with junior concept designer:
‘This one has to be for Newt,’ I say, pointing to a modest wooden wand.
‘We wanted it to relate somehow to the animal kingdom,' she tells me, 'but we thought it was sort-of inappropriate to give him anything that might have a trophy feel to it. We didn’t think he would be into that at all. The main part of this one is wood.'
It sounds to me, from the last sentence, like the main shaft of the wand and the handle may be different materials or it may have some simple inlay on the handle. Otherwise it probably will be a simple thin wood stick with a hand-carved look to the shaft and bark left on the handle.
It looks like maybe a thin tree branch about 12-13 inches long and 1/2-3/4 inch width at the end of the handle.

Snippet from Pottermore interview with junior concept designer:
It sounds to me, from the last sentence, like the main shaft of the wand and the handle may be different materials or it may have some simple inlay on the handle. Otherwise it probably will be a simple thin wood stick with a hand-carved look to the shaft and bark left on the handle.
It looks like maybe a thin tree branch about 12-13 inches long and 1/2-3/4 inch width at the end of the handle.

Yup. I read that too. I really wish they'd show a full pic of the wand with the details before the movie comes out.

I've held it! :D
Unfortunately I'd never work again if I gave anything away at this point.
I'm sure decent promo shots won't be too far away now. As with the props from the rest of the movie, I'm sure people won't be disappointed.

I"ve been thinking about the design (I know it's described as simple and from what we have seen in trailers it seems to be one of the more basic designs) While gathering images and fabric for my Newt costume I've began to mix the idea of the knobbed part of an animal Antler and bark together as a simple design but not just a tapered dowel as a wand. I know you cant say anything but I mean, feel free to nod if I'm close :p (I kid, I kid)

I seriously can't wait for the movie to come out. It's been years since I've felt this kind of Potter rush!

I'm not sure about the antler idea. They said something about not wanting to have animal "trophies" on the wand as it goes against what Newt stands for. personally, I think it looks something akin to this from the trailers:
newt wand.png
the grey-ish bit just being bark.

Hi! I've found a almost good image of the handle of Newt's wand, hope it help you :)

13883890_10210733675717780_1025557681_n.jpg

Attachments

• 13874858_10210733675917785_1910792675_n.jpg
    13874858_10210733675917785_1910792675_n.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 122
I actually already made my own version, but that last pic surely means I have to revise my current design.

i recently ran across a fantastic beasts coloring book....on the inside cover of the back of the book there was a nice high res pic of newt's wand.
the bottom of the wand appears to be hallow and looks like it is made of deer antler!

AZSneed over at the fantastic beasts paper thread might be able to get a scan of this.....if so we'll post it back here for ya!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back