Revell 1/50 Poe Dameron X-Wing- "That's one hell of a pilot!"

DirtyBrush

Hello all!

While I'm waiting on various parts for my X-Wing diorama to arrive, I figured I'd make a start on a kit I recieved last week for my birthday- the Revell 1/50 Poe Dameron X-Wing

I was a little nervous about being able to pull off this paintjob, since I usually stick to very light colours that can be easily weathered and shaded, but once I started I think I got into the swing of it.

Credit where credit is due, I am Leaf inspired me to start off with a base coat of very dark, gunmetal grey, which looked pretty good on its own, but when I gave it a black wash and some drybrushing as shading it really looked the part. I'm happy with where it's at, but I may go in and darken some areas a little more- just to make the high points pop. More updates will be following!

Cheers, DB

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 275
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 227
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 262
I am Leaf inspired me to start off with a base coat of very dark said:
Love it, that color looks excellent! I'm getting my massing & detail done right now, hope to have a thread started soon too :thumbsup

DirtyBrush,
That looks excellent! Great weathered effect, looking forward to seeing the rest!

Love it, that color looks excellent! I'm getting my massing & detail done right now, hope to have a thread started soon too :thumbsup

Cheers guys!

I had had a free day today and I may have gotten a little carried away, haha
I'm almost done now, just a few more areas to finish up, Poe Dameron himself, a few touch ups, and then maybe a bit more weathering too

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 236
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 211
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 197
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 214
That's looking great. Love the weathering.

I love it! It actually looks like the paint is worn away, exposing the metal underneath, great effect dude!

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Just have a small update for today- an even smaller repainted BB-8

I've been a bit busy the past couple of days, but I'll be finished very soon!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 140
Looking sharp, the weathering is spot on, and I agree with jake88 the color choice is excellent, glad we both took this route

I love your color approach as apposed to a straight up flat black.

Thank you! I'm afraid all credit for that colour idea goes to I am Leaf though. I'm really happy with the depth it gives the model, especially when the detail is so soft in some areas.

Looking sharp, the weathering is spot on, and I agree with jake88 the color choice is excellent, glad we both took this route

Much obliged, and yeah, this was definitely the way to go. I'm looking forward to more updates on your own build!

Ok, here's the final update on the build!

I've finished everything on the old girl, but I'm definitely going to swap the stand out for a different one- I hate those Revell ones
I used a 1/52 Snowspeeder pilot for Poe, and he turned out a little too small but it's not a major issue. As for the rest of the ship, I touched up some areas and added a few scorch marks for some weathering.

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out overall, especially since I was unsure about the quality of the model, but I'm happy with it!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 155
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 141
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 129
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 135
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 146
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 125
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 131
Man, that looks gorgeous. Also, how great is the scene you quoted in your thread title? So much fun.

Haha, I know right? As cheesy as it was, that scene summed up everything the little kid in me loves about X-Wing pilots in Star Wars. And thanks very much!

That turned out great! I love the metallic like finish on the back body

Absolutely fantastic!!!

Thanks guys, good to know it turned out alright from other peoples' perspectives, haha

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back