Death Star Trench Run Diorama 1/270 Scale Tie Fighter vs. X-Wing

Kingramos1

Hello Everyone, I just joined yesterday and I can’t get enough of this site. After a 23 year hiatus on model building, I picked up an idea awhile ago along with a couple of Star Wars Miniatures X-Wings (Fantasy Flight Games 1/270 scale). Had several of laptop computers that were cannibalized to create this Death Star trench run. While I totally appreciate the phenomenal work done by the designers at ILM in the original movie showing the surface of the Death Star, I was always disappointed by the still photos and the repetition of the blocks that make up the battle station. That being said, here is my attempt to recreate the trench run with detail that makes it a little more visually interesting…In my humble opinion. The area created would represent exaust stations and cooler modules/pipes. The Tie Fighter and X-Wing are totally stock from box with the exception of the mounting wires. I hope you all enjoy, and I appreciate any feedback.

IMG_2918.JPG

IMG_3265 (1).jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

IMG_3282 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Death Star Trench Run Diorama 1/270 Scale

Very nice. Good idea with the circuits. Another good use for old computer parts besides setting them on fire for fun.

Great idea and nicely painted.

Some lighting may have been a good idea but the simplicity of it works very well indeed.

Very smart , I think for film you must have repeatiblity , so it could be scaled up and down (I know in the end they used photos for high altitude backgrounds , but they didn't know that )
yours is very slick , a sign of a good idea is everyone starts thinking ( and tearing the attic apart )
I always say scratch build modellers are the ultimate recyclers (Eco warriors :lol)

Love it. The end result is very realistic. Love your paint job. I agree, a few lights would really enhance this awesome diorama.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back