2016 Orlando Megacon

The Cog

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Megacon will be coming back to Orlando May 26th-29th . I plan on building a few things prior to it and was wondering who else would be up for a building party or would like to meet up for a get together after Megacon one night.

I plan on attending, but I do not have a skillful bone in my body to build anything ever. But if you need an extra person to showcase your work I'd love to help out with that!

It looks like I will be going Friday and Sunday. I'm new to the area and have put most of my prop/costume endeavors on hold due to having just moved cross country, but the bug is biting me again and my mind is racing with ideas for new projects!

It looks like I will be going Friday and Sunday. I'm new to the area and have put most of my prop/costume endeavors on hold due to having just moved cross country, but the bug is biting me again and my mind is racing with ideas for new projects!

same here! Just moved to Orlando from Los Angeles

You ex-LA guys will be singing a different tune come August. Funny story: A woman I work with moved here from St. Louis. That first summer she was angry because "Mickey (Mouse) lied to me!". She thought Florida was always sunny. Nobody told her about the afternoon storms we get during the summer. Also, we don't have a TAP Plastics here. If you are into molding/casting we have a Smooth-On distributor in South Orlando. Look for Reynolds Advanced Materials. One of the finalists from season nine of FaceOff, Scott Fensterer, works there and teaches the occasional class.

Back to MegaCon:
So far for official celebrities we have Stan Lee, Jay & Silent Bob, the original Batman & Robin, and I just got an email saying John Cusack. I think Kevin and Jason are dong some "you have to pay extra to hear us talk" thing. Stan Lee is probably doing his usual pictures and autographs. No idea if the rest will be doing any panels or just charging for pictures and autographs.

Unofficially some of the people from Con Man are going to be there. I think Alan is going, not sure about Nathan.

And I'm sure the green power ranger will be there.

I typically go early Saturday, see a few panels and the costume contest, maybe spend some money, and then blow out of there mid- to late-afternoon to take care of my dog. I would really like to put together a jump suit from "The Expanse", but I'll probably just end up wearing an RPF/Wolverines or Spectrum T-Shirt.

Last edited:
They just announced some people I am actually considering getting a picture with: William Shatner, George Takei, and Nichelle Nichols are going to be there.

They just announced some people I am actually considering getting a picture with: William Shatner, George Takei, and Nichelle Nichols are going to be there.

yeah I finally signed up for the MegaCon newsletters, every announcement gets better and better! Im anxious to see who else is going to be there! Im also looking forward to Spooky Empire!

I'm also waiting for an alert saying the MegaCon app has an update, but I don't expect that until a week or two before the convention.

I'll be there. But man, it keeps getting bigger and bigger every year. Although I think 2 years ago was the worst I ever saw it. The staff were not helpful at all or knew anything. Pure chaos.
My step-son is going as a male version of an anime character called Black Rock Shooter. In the anime, she has this giant arm cannon, so I made him one, which is crazy looking.

I'll be there. But man, it keeps getting bigger and bigger every year. Although I think 2 years ago was the worst I ever saw it. The staff were not helpful at all or knew anything. Pure chaos.
My step-son is going as a male version of an anime character called Black Rock Shooter. In the anime, she has this giant arm cannon, so I made him one, which is crazy looking.

As of right now, I'm only excited for Christopher Lloyd but I'm sure a lot more awesome people will be announced. Would love to see pictures because it sounds awesome!!

I just hate how the celebrities are either behind black cloth, or so far back you can't even see them unless you pay.....to which I don't have the money for that.
Still cool to know there are in the same building as you are.
I'm surprised they don't have any Walking Dead cast as of now.

I just hate how the celebrities are either behind black cloth, or so far back you can't even see them unless you pay.....to which I don't have the money for that.
Still cool to know there are in the same building as you are.
I'm surprised they don't have any Walking Dead cast as of now.

Yeah I agree, I usually put money aside as much as I can before Cons like this so Im able to have a little bit of fun, and just in case there are celebrities I'm a big enough fan of there to get their autographs and photo ops. I feel TWD is slowly losing its momentum and people aren't as interested anymore. I'm really hoping for Michael J Fox seeing as they have Christopher Lloyd, but I'd enjoy anyone from BTTF to be honest.

I will be there all four days...I tried doing a meetup a few years back but not to many people were interested...I could do one this year if you all like, I'm the one that started the RPF meet for Dragoncon...this year will be our 3rd year doing it...I would love to meet new people and share interests...Not sure yet what cosplay's I'll be bringing to Megacon, I'll be staying at the Rosen Plaze, and some of my costumes are really heavy and hot, even with my ice suit...so time will only tell, But as alway's I'll have my Neo from Matrix Reloaded...

My Dad and I are sitting this one out, as my mother has us on vacation that weekend. Not to mention, my Dad feels there's not much in the means of guests that meet his interest (though I think it'd be cool to meet John Cusack and get Frank Miller's autograph on a copy of Issue 1 of RoboCop vs. The Termiantor). But, we may end up going to DragonCon this year as a result.

My Dad and I are sitting this one out, as my mother has us on vacation that weekend. Not to mention, my Dad feels there's not much in the means of guests that meet his interest (though I think it'd be cool to meet John Cusack and get Frank Miller's autograph on a copy of Issue 1 of RoboCop vs. The Termiantor). But, we may end up going to DragonCon this year as a result.

If you decide to attend Dragoncon you might want to check out our meet up. Heres the link for it...
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=246300

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back