MegaCon Orlando, FL - May 2019

I keep waffling on going this year. I went solo in 2018 because my wife was pregnant (she did go for one day) and while I enjoyed the atmosphere of being around the community I’m not sure if the event is really “for” me. The trade show/ meeting actors part kind of leaves me bored so I just endlessly walked the foyer spotting costumes. I’m sure it’s something to do with my expectations because PLENTY of people go and have a great time seeing panels and getting merch.

Add all that to now having a young child I’m not sure if it’s all worth the effort. We talked about staying at the Rosen for a little vacation but I can’t really justify it when I know my wife would just be going because I wanted to.

I'm debating going too. I keep getting emails saying the last day to pre-purchase tickets and get them in the mail is this Thursday. I only go on Saturday's so I went to the site to check the schedule to see what panels are going on that day. Still no schedule three weeks before the event. I could save $10 if I order now, but what's the point if there isn't anything I want to see?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back