My kind of BTTF MAG project

WOW awesome work @Jewan

Is it possible to upload a bitmap? I can then trace that into Sketch Up and scale it to any size

Last edited:
Will you be making new soles for these ?

Not sure yet.

If I do, the first set is going to be US10 to fit me. My V2s keep cracking and I keep repairing them and they crack agian in a different place the next time.

Question is - do I just buy new V2s? Because the cost of silicone and casting products (lucky for me, I have about 6KG of elastomer here) will make this an expensive project. My uppers are in a bad way as well, so I am thinking at this stage, it might just be better to buy a new pair of V2s and mod those.

What would be easy and affordable to do though is to make a mold of a flat template (use #40 grit sand paper for the texture) and pour a flat part and glue that onto the sole. If it is made about 1mm thick, it will flex nice and be easy to work. I would still have to fill in the gaps at the base to make it all "one piece" but it would allow me to get the proper profile on a pair of soles and of course I would cast this in light grey. I could also wipe the inside of the mold with aqua first to fill the pits with colour, let that set up for about 2 hours, then pour the light grey. Then the splatter and grey are bonded.

Not sure yet.

If I do, the first set is going to be US10 to fit me. My V2s keep cracking and I keep repairing them and they crack agian in a different place the next time.

Question is - do I just buy new V2s? Because the cost of silicone and casting products (lucky for me, I have about 6KG of elastomer here) will make this an expensive project. My uppers are in a bad way as well, so I am thinking at this stage, it might just be better to buy a new pair of V2s and mod those.

What would be easy and affordable to do though is to make a mold of a flat template (use #40 grit sand paper for the texture) and pour a flat part and glue that onto the sole. If it is made about 1mm thick, it will flex nice and be easy to work. I would still have to fill in the gaps at the base to make it all "one piece" but it would allow me to get the proper profile on a pair of soles and of course I would cast this in light grey. I could also wipe the inside of the mold with aqua first to fill the pits with colour, let that set up for about 2 hours, then pour the light grey. Then the splatter and grey are bonded.

What you could do is detach the upper and heel cup and make Jewan's soles and attach it to that and make new soles for it. This will benifit you in 2 ways 1 would be an semi accurate mid sole with your nodded uppers, 2 you would be able to make new better soles and it will be easier to use your old El because it's foam.

alright ! I'm going to size these. So on the printer before I print it the place that says scale and is at 100% do I set it to 108%?

I don't know. Try a print, if the center line from the top to the bottom of sole is equal to 29,7 cm, I think you got it.
The red ligne have to be equal to the length of your sole shoes size (in your case US 11 = 29,7 cm)
solesize.jpg

I really like your heel cup. It's surprising it's made out of foam since it looks difficult to get the right shape.

Awesome work. Before I import these into SU, is there a scale or reference point for the mid-sole?

On midsole pic (available in post n°51), the red line is the length of sole which define the size shoe. For me, I wear EU 42 size (US 8,5 approximately), red line = 27,5 cm. I think the best way is take a usual sneaker shoe you wear, the most confortable, and measure the lenght of inside sole = length red line pattern.

Last edited:
On midsole pic (available in post n°51), the red line is the length of sole which define the size shoe. For me, I wear EU 42 size (US 8,5 approximately), red line = 27,5 cm. I think the best way is take a usual sneaker shoe you wear, the most confortable, and measure the lenght of inside sole = length red line pattern.

Thanks. I figured that part out. I was wondering about this

solside

Are these already scaled to the mid-sole?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back