Bandai 1/144 Falcon Parts from FZ6 and Shapeways

Well, I just took plunge, and ordered the Bandai kit, several of Tony's parts, and the PE engine vents. Hope to see more parts from Tony, so I can finally build an accurate STAR WARS version of the ship!

Many thanks for your support!!

Yes, I'm designing the cabin cone and cockpit...

I've just received my cabin cone, cockpit and backwall for the test fit...

MF BANDAI 1_144 COCKPIT.jpg

Hi guys,
What glue are you using to bond Tony's parts? I've tried two different types of CA, the last being a container of ZAP cyano. Neither has worked in bonding the 3D printed parts. Am I going to have to use a 2 part expoy?

Hi guys,
What glue are you using to bond Tony's parts? I've tried two different types of CA, the last being a container of ZAP cyano. Neither has worked in bonding the 3D printed parts. Am I going to have to use a 2 part expoy?

Good question, I've been pondering the same. Canopy glue perhaps?

I really want to get the turret frames but haven't been able to figure out, just looking at them, how they'd mount. What do they look like on the model?

Haven't started the build yet, going to collect a couple more items and then decide if she'll be in landed or flight mode. The latter will require some lighting, and since I've been messing around with Arduino stuff lately some basic LED's for the engines and "headlights" should be no problem.

Out of curiosity, does the new cone work with the stock interior and cabin wall?

Hi!

Yes, but you will need to fill the space under the main console, because my cone is clean and the stock one has then base of the main console.

About dimensions the cone is perfect. It adjusts without problems and doesn't interfere with the stock inner cabin components.

- - - Updated - - -

Got my order earlier this week...amazing detail. Thanks Tony!

Many thanks Akimbo!

Glad that you liked them!!!

Hi!

Yes, but you will need to fill the space under the main console, because my cone is clean and the stock one has then base of the main console.

About dimensions the cone is perfect. It adjusts without problems and doesn't interfere with the stock inner cabin components.

- - - Updated - - -

Many thanks Akimbo!

Glad that you liked them!!!
That's awesome!

So the cone is the same dimensions as the stock one? From the pic you posted it looked a bit more ESB but I assumed that it was an illusion.

I can't wait for this!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

That's awesome!

So the cone is the same dimensions as the stock one? From the pic you posted it looked a bit more ESB but I assumed that it was an illusion.

I can't wait for this!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Yes, same dimensions.

I forgot to say that I've finished doing the test fit!

All the parts are great and fit very well.

The backwall also fits perfectly on the cabin tube; the pre drilled holes are very tiny... Difficult to clean the wax stuck on them. We need 0,2 mm drill -or thin steel wire- to clear the holes...

To use the backwall with the stock cabin parts you will need to trim the two studs of the back of the stock cabin consoles and floor piece.

The cone works perfect with the stock cabin parts.

Everything is already available at 308 Bits.

Many thanks for your support guys!

I forgot to say that I've finished doing the test fit!

All the parts are great and fit very well.

The backwall also fits perfectly on the cabin tube; the pre drilled holes are very tiny... Difficult to clean the wax stuck on them. We need 0,2 mm drill -or thin steel wire- to clear the holes...

To use the backwall with the stock cabin parts you will need to trim the two studs of the back of the stock cabin consoles and floor piece.

The cone works perfect with the stock cabin parts.

Everything is already available at 308 Bits.

Many thanks for your support guys!

*siiiiiiggghhhh*

Welp, guess it's time to place another order, lol!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back