Pepsi is making Pepsi Perfect? BTTF

Welcome to the wonderful world of Back to the Future collecting...For some reason BTTF is plagued with bad replicas and horrible releases.

I totally agree BTTF is plagued! I've been disappointed for over 25 years! Remember these back in the 1980's-90's?
BTTF Crap.jpgBTTF Crap 2.jpgBTTF Crap 3.png

Because they know they could make that bottle square and paint it green and 6500 people would trip over themselves to buy it. That is, after they took to the net and authored hundreds of threads, just like this one, resulting in all the viral buzz Pepsi can stand.

Why be responsible? Why do it any other way when this model has worked time and time again for any number of items?

Until people start saying, "**** you, this in unacceptable," this is the way consumers will be treated.

-Rylo

Yeah, the fact that we are less than 48 hours before the release date and there are no details as far as the time that the sale begins seems very irresponsible to me. Why are they making this SO difficult?

Last edited:
Anyone else watching the Back to the Present special on History?

I caught most of it last night. The best part was when VO guy says that the Mattel hoverboards were a dud because...then they cut to Scott Neitlich who said people were disappointed because the boards didn't actually hover. Yeah, THAT'S the reason :lol

ugh... that scott guy. I don't know if he was in charge of all hte decisions and that's why they went wrong....but it's best to forget he ever existed. if he was, he made collecting at matty collector a living hell ;o).

I caught most of it last night. The best part was when VO guy says that the Mattel hoverboards were a dud because...then they cut to Scott Neitlich who said people were disappointed because the boards didn't actually hover. Yeah, THAT'S the reason :lol

They also combined different parts of his interview to prove that. My guess is that like most things THIS nerdy, the writers of the show didn't actually understand what they were hearing. As much as I dislike Scott, it seems like he was specifically talking ONLY about the reaction of kids in 1989, writing to Mattel for their boards. The writer didn't realize that and thought they were talking about the replica release.

I mean they also claimed that the RD Mags and Mattel Board were "actual" props. The show was likely thrown together quickly and they relied heavily on quick internet searches and assumptions for their research.

HELL! They even showed Gold Armor's Pepsi Perfect build. One of the least accurate builds and the shadiest people/recasters in the hobby.

This is just a quick cash grab on the part of History.

-Nick

HELL! They even showed Gold Armor's Pepsi Perfect build. One of the least accurate builds and the shadiest people/recasters in the hobby.

RIGHT! I forgot about that! And he got paid for that too because they had to license his clip. I also got the feeling that the show was a little slapped together. There were some weird cuts throughout (ok, taking off my producer hat now).

i kinda enjoyed the history channel documentary. i did pick up on the recasters youtube video, but figured if you search youtube for pepsi perfect his video is around the top, they probably dont know his history in the prop replica community

i did how ever really enjoy seeing the pictures of the delorean on the forklift, i have never seen the A/B car lifted by the forklift before, i only saw the fiberglass car on the lift. those 2 pictures they showed were new to me

Anyone know where I can watch it outside of the U.S.? Wasn't on in UK and hoped I could DL or stream it somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know where I can watch it outside of the U.S.? Wasn't on in UK and hoped I could DL or stream it somewhere?

Not sure if sling tv is available in your country but if so the show is still available to watch on there.

How did you guys figure the Pepsi Perfect bottle was going to be sold on Amazon? Was there a pre-order link or somehting? Because I can't find squat information on it.

Haven't had a chance to post this yet, but wanted to share. I got my bottle at NYCC and was the first person to drink it live in Cafe 80's. the folks at the Pepsi booth were surprised and gave me one of their employee only shirts as a thanks! I'm happy with the replica and the taste wasn't too bad either.

12141690_10105681199657229_5329870283681617135_n.jpg

Haven't had a chance to post this yet, but wanted to share. I got my bottle at NYCC and was the first person to drink it live in Cafe 80's. the folks at the Pepsi booth were surprised and gave me one of their employee only shirts as a thanks! I'm happy with the replica and the taste wasn't too bad either.

View attachment 543206

They interviewed you earlier in the day, right? Because I seem to remember the jacket.

-Nick

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back