TIE

Alonzo, Looking great!

Have a question: Is that the hard/impossible to find Koolshade, or one that can actually be ordered from somewhere? I need some for a few spots here and there on some models, and it doesn't have to be super accurate. If it is a more readily available place, would you mind sharing the source?

First entry on Google with the keyword "Koolshade" : http://www.koolshade.eu/index.php/en/ This is the official Koolshade website, hope that helps. :)

Oh. I thought that link was to the manufacturer's website, as in, "Hey, we'll sell you bulk orders for commercial use. Oh, you want just a couple of yards? **** off."
What I was hoping for was more info on where to find some in a "hobbyist" amount :) Searching the forums turns up threads half a decade old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh. I thought that link was to the manufacturer's website, as in, "Hey, we'll sell you bulk orders for commercial use. Oh, you want just a couple of yards? **** off."
What I was hoping for was more info on where to find some in a "hobbyist" amount :) Searching the forums turns up threads half a decade old.

Yes but they can send you a sample, your post let think you need a small amount. But Im pretty sure you can find local resellers on Google, that would surprising if you could not, I know there's one in the UK and one in France so there's probably one in the US.

Not really an update but nonetheless a fun picture from the Star Wars Identities Exhibition here in Vienna:

real.jpg

The color TS-32 looks really light grey in direct light :)

Nice job on the hatch!

From a distance the original TIE models look so simple, but up close they are really quite complicated. By being as close the the original as you can possibly be, your build so-far truly captures the essence of the thing itself, IMO.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back