Hero E11 Blaster?

history Hunter

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been searching around for an E11 blaster that looks and feels like a real weapon (I'm a firearms dealer, so plastic won't do). Since I couldn't find anything, I have decided to build my own. Here's what I'm going to be using:

1) A Sterling Airsoft Gun made of all metal from Evike.
2) A real M38 Sherman Tank Scope
3) A real Hengstler digital counter.
4) Some t-track from Roy at Wanna Wanga
5) Some other little bits.

I'm also getting help from a Hyperdyne Labs to do a custom install of sound and lighting effects. The project will be quite costly ... probably north of $800. But it'll be the best, most accurate E11 blaster ever (unless I'm unknowingly reinventing the wheel). Am I crazy?

Since you are an arms dealer you should have chosen a demilled Sterling, nothing gets closer to the screen used. For Hengstler you should go with Eagle with text and/or Eagle logo counters only (with metal sleeve), no H counters or others.

Hengstler Eagle counter 12.jpg

Yes, my apologies ... I meant analog ... don't know why I wrote "digital." As for an original Sterling, though I am a Title II dealer, I don't really want to build a blaster on a functional Sterling. I could definitely go with a demilled parts kit, but for now, have found a really good all-metal airsoft, with the room inside to do a nice conversion. As for the "inside" tech ... I'm only building that inside, so I can have some fun with it ;)

By the way, I have a Thompson (a real one) and am thinking of buying the new pulse-rifle airsoft, cannibalizing what I need from it, and building an Aliens Pulse Rifle that actually works. Just mentioning that to show you how actually crazy I am ;)

Weren't the Return of the Jedi E-11's built on MGC Sterlings? I believe they had a hacked resin Frankenscope on them too.

Weren't the Return of the Jedi E-11's built on MGC Sterlings? I believe they had a hacked resin Frankenscope on them too.

ANH = Sterling based with the greeblies mentioned above
ESB = Sterling based with different greeblies (no more cylinders or Hengstler) like Pugman
ROTJ = MGC conversions and (again) ESB Pugmans

But it'll be the best, most accurate E11 blaster ever (unless I'm unknowingly reinventing the wheel). Am I crazy?

Not putting any pressure on yourself, are you?

There's heaps of build threads on the FISD where plenty others have started with demilled REAL sterlings, and added cast bits direct from other Sterlings and the various greeblies such as scope/counter/ t-track. Check some of those builds if you wish. By the way, there's numerous topics about the Airsoft guns being "ok" but certainly not accurate. Just giving you a heads up....

Good luck. Can;t wait to see what you come up with.

I have yet to see someone mount a real Hengstler counter nondestructively utilizing the threaded holes that are on the "front" of the metal sleeve.

BTW, if you do use real Sterling parts, note that the guns used in the movies were military guns that were painted satin black. Civilian (Police) versions of the Sterling had crinkle paint which is not screen-accurate.

And the Hengstlers are analoge, not digital.
Of course they are digital. Digital means that they count with digits. They are just electromechanical digital, not solid-state digital. ;)

Screen used didn't have lights/sounds. :)
Yes, they did. ;) They shot blanks that gave off muzzle flash and a tiny bit of smoke. The noise was edited out, though... but I am not sure if not some remains - in some scenes, it does sound a lot like gunfire with sound effects just added on top.

Last edited:
If someone wants uber-accuracy then he should glue the Hengstler to the body of the Sterling and scope, like the screen used. See the glue residue of the fallen counter in the lower pic:

Hengstler fell off Luke.jpg

There's also the Wise Lite Arms Sterlings out there too. They basically took demilled sterlings and made new receivers and built the thing bak up.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back