Stormtrooper Blaster (E-11) Project FINISHED

Clutch

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Finally going to build this thing. Got a demilled sterling that Darkside did an excellent job on putting together. I got it with gray primer on it and since I don't want to see primer when it gets scuffed, I decided to strip it off.

If you have anything metal, this is the best stripper to get. I found it at Home Depot.
stripperz.jpg

It starts melting the paint in seconds. I would spray some on, scrub a little with a toothbrush and then spray it down with water.
stripz.jpg

When I was done, I ended up with a lot of rusty metal. So the next step is to coat it with Naval Jelly. Here, I just slathered some on and let it sit for a minute. I then wiped it clean with a papertowel.

navalz.jpg

Last edited:
Re: E-11 Project

I was going to post a photo of another stripper, but I thought twice about it. She works really well on metal poles as well :love

Anyway, this looks like a blaster. I mean a blast. I would love to have a demilled sterling. I have a few kits made from PVC and resin castings, but I never put them together because I can't find anyone to make shoulder stocks for me. I think I'd also need trigger guards and the rail that goes on the top for the scope to attach to. I wish I had more experience with these blasters. They are my favorite sci-fi gun, second only to the pulse rifle. I am going to follow your build.

Where/how does one acquire a de-milled Sterling?

Someone was selling a boatload of them relatively recently in the JY, I thought.

I'd love to get one of those up here somehow...:cry

Can't wait to see the build, clutch...I'm sure it will be awesome!

Uhh! A nice E-11 build right up from the start! Yummy... :thumbsup

You don't happen to have a pic in it's 'before'-state handy, no?

I love E-11 builds. Can't wait to see more photos.

Where did you get the stripper? Is that with the spray paints or somewhere else?

Someone was selling a boatload of them relatively recently in the JY, I thought.

I'd love to get one of those up here somehow...:cry

Can't wait to see the build, clutch...I'm sure it will be awesome!

There was, but they were for UK and parts of the EU only. Couldn't ship to the US because of the gun laws.

Stripper will burn ya too. Just little flecks of this stuff on my skin started to burn. lol!

So I go over it with jelly and a rinse and then a final cleaning of acetone. I hung it on a coathanger and sprayed it with Rustoleum Satin Black.

I never know when to stop, so I got it pretty thick. It'll need to cure for a few days before I hit it again.

Then the fun begins.

e11paintz.jpg

Last edited:

I have an M38 scope and a Hengstler counter with the metal sleeve and an eagle symbol. I have some cylinders that look exactly like the ones Russrep did. I plan on using Gino T-Track. It came with a 'dummy' bolt, but I replaced it with a real one.

I'm already racking my brain about how much or little to weather it. I'm also up in the air on which size scope rail to use and if I want it to mount to the rear sight or just in front of it.

Last edited:

Finished spraying it and put it back together just for kicks. It's practically finished at this point.
e11builtz.jpg

Last edited:

Had fun today. I got a garbage bag and filled it with vice grips, pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers, sockets, and whatever other metal bits I could find and threw the sterling in. I then proceeded to shake it and throw it around until I had enough natural weathering going on. It doesn't show up very well in the photos though.
e11weatherz.jpg

I also used some Birchwood Casey Perma Blue to darken the bolt a bit.
e11boltz.jpg

Put on a nice looking scope rail that is the thickness I want and then disaster. I should have known, but the scope is so heavy that it causes the aluminum to sag.
e11railz.jpg

Does anyone know where to get some steel rail in this thickness that won't sag? I've checked Home Depot and Lowes and they don't have any. :(

Last edited:

Dunno where you are, but try a farm/tractor supply, local fabrication shop or aviation supply store. You should be able to order steel bar in the right size from McMaster-Carr.com too, but that will probably be the most expensive route.

I get all my stuff at www.onlinemetals.com. They have pretty much every thickness you'd ever want. If it's not listed on the site, email them. They might just have it in stock. That's how I got the correct tube for the Vader ROTJ sratchbuild. So many of us requested it at once they added it to the site as a matter of course. :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back