BLOOD How do you make blood with resin that will look like real thing and harden fas

Jimo

Hello,
I am an artist and need to create a blood effect on a large stone sculpture. It needs to look real but harden and be somewhat permanent.
I have been reading about the various types of resins that are available and pigments but it is all very confusing.
I have heard that movie prop makers have a mixture that they use on knives and swords but have not found the recipe.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jimmy
Jimo Studio

Re: BLOOD How do you make blood with resin that will look like real thing and harden

Fake blood and five minute epoxy is my go to for permanent blood.

If you can't get a hold of a good fake blood, mix your own up or buy pigments. Both recipes and supplies can be found with simple google searches.

Re: BLOOD How do you make blood with resin that will look like real thing and harden

I completely agree with the five minute epoxy suggestion. I have also used that technique before. It looks like wet blood but is pretty strong and dries very quickly.

Skip the fake blood and go straight to the powdered pigment Michael Davy sells:

http://www.michaeldavy.com/products/products_blood.html

You may need a little cabosil (fumed silica) for opacity, also.

There is also blood-colored hot glue that looks pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This sounds like a great way to go. im going to pick up some pigment from Davys website tomorrow first thing. Huge thanks.

I just ordered some Cabolil off ebay. Will give this a try asap. Thanks.
Jimmy

Happy to help. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a red colored dye used for coloring liquid resin (So-Strong Red) and mixed it with epoxy glue and it was hard and very realistic.
so-strong-color-tints.jpg

I'll try this too. It's less money because Davy required a $50 minimum. What epoxy do you suggest? Thanks. Jimmy

post some pics when you get it done....i'm interested to see how this comes out.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back