Interest Obi ANH Bubble Activation switch style holder with switch.. (Payments now due 9/14)

Spirit of ob1

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Opened a few more spots, once filled will have to start a second run.

Hey Guys, There was just to many questions regarding the switch holder in the other thread.
So I decided to open a new interest thread for the Switch holder, since this can also be used on the graflex saber bubble strip as well.

Basically its a custom holder with micro momentary switch.

2 Separate kits

30 awg or 28 awg wire recommended for wiring to micro switches

Static kit DIY- for those who have a static version Crystal chamber only. $25.00 Per kit DIY
The static kit will Include-
Switch holder
Micro switch with momentary to latching converter
30 awg wires
LED ( please let me know if u want a steady or flickering effect like in the video )
Button Battery style holder. ( needs 2 3v batteries not included )

Static kit Assembled- $35.00
Everything is soldered together for you.

Paypal ID Rudyvillalpando@aol.com
If you are not having this shipped with the Crystal chamber shipping is extra. Please let me know
Please send payment "separate" from Crystal Chamber Payment,and Mark as Switch kit and include forum Name

IMAG0605_zps8a3vo8mk.jpg

Here is the layout for the Switch holder.
utf-8BSU1BRzA1NzFfMS5qcGc_zps129e0d12.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzA1NjZfMS5qcGc_zps8a1a3678.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzA1NzYuanBn_zps1ea5367f.jpg

List for Static Version-

1.Tom1971-Paid
2.jediwizard
3.MCM-Paid (Flicker Effect)
4.Jamiemp-paid
5.ajhix
6.Jedimaz-Paid ( Flicker effect ) A.
7.Heartblade-Paid (Flicker Effect)
8.The Pawn -Paid
9.Kevin Gossett-Paid
10.thrgk-Paid
11.Ltsmash1200-Paid ( Flicker Effect )
12.teecrooz-Paid (Flicker Effect)
13.lolo080-Paid (Flicker Effect)
14.jedimax-Paid (Flicker Effect )
15.Chrijack-Paid (Flicker Effect)
16.Iansolo-Paid (Flicker Effect)
17.Adomeitw-Paid (Flicker Effect)
18.stormshadow-Paid (Flicker Effect)
19.stormshadow-Paid
20.Neorutty-Paid (flicker effect )
21.SphericThor-Paid (Flicker Effect)
22.MacBeath-Paid (Flicker effect )
23.Jetsetwilly-Paid (Flicker Effect)
24.andsuor-Paid
25.treeman-Paid

Second Run...

1.Edraven99-Paid (flicker effect)
2.Mburkit-Paid (flicker effect)
3.Mikeyx-Paid (flicker effect)
4.Maxhebus
5.Marsattack- Paid (flicker effect)

6.Darttniklfrtiz Paid
7.the pawn Paid
8.The pawn Paid

Update, There are 2 types of bubble lens, one is just flat, another has 2 side ridges.

IMAG0628_zpsbd57bezf.jpg

If you have the side ridges and the lens can not be pushed down, Here is the fix..

First off, put a piece of masking tape down the middle of the stirp, and slightly sand the ends.

IMAG0630_1_zpsdp5wb42b.jpg

I did from the two bubbles on each side so that there is kinda an arch in the middle.

IMAG0631_zps45id45zj.jpg

If need be put a very thin piece of plastic down the middle of the strip.

IMAG0629_zps1pxl74yx.jpg

The Switches are adjustable if needed. The pressure of the clamp will hold the switch in place. a small dab of superglue will help also in you want.

IMAG0632_1_zpsnyulocrj.jpg

I will be adding more info, I'm looking through all the posts and pms for other info that has been asked. please check back for updates............

IMAG0605_zps8a3vo8mk.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzA1NzFfMS5qcGc_zps129e0d12.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzA1NjZfMS5qcGc_zps8a1a3678.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzA1NzYuanBn_zps1ea5367f.jpg

IMAG0628_zpsbd57bezf.jpg

IMAG0630_1_zpsdp5wb42b.jpg

IMAG0631_zps45id45zj.jpg

IMAG0629_zps1pxl74yx.jpg

IMAG0632_1_zpsnyulocrj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Obi Wan ANH Bubble Activation switch style holder with momentary micro switch..

Still Trying to source out the Bars for the graflex clamp, it is an easy mod with a 3/16 drill bit, on quick turn by hand will do the job,
to allow the lever to continue to tighten pass the square piece to hold the plate in place.
utf-8BSU1BRzA1NjlfMS5qcGc_zps1977e51a.jpg

The little square piece covers the hole so you cant even tell

utf-8BSU1BRzA1NzNfMS5qcGc_zpsd70b0dd3.jpg

But for those who do not want to mod anything I am trying to find a place to make the bars for the kits.

Last edited:
Re: Obi Wan ANH Bubble Activation switch style holder with momentary micro switch..

I'm interested in this switch too for the static version. Thanks!

I'm confused as to what is the static version vs. the other, etc.

Tom

Interested in a static version kit. Thanks.

Tom[/QUOTE*]
No prob, static is for those who cannot put a blade or a sound card in their saber, the other version is for those who already have a sound card and just need the switch to add it to the bubble strip

Last edited:

Tom[/QUOTE*]
No prob, static is for those who cannot put a blade or a sound card in there saber, the other version are for those who already have a sound card and just need the switch to add it to the bubble strip

But I got the FX kit from Roman and may one day add a blade and sound?????

BTW I have no clue about the FX sabers and get confused by descriptions of meat??? What is up with that????:D

Tom

No prob, lol I'll help Ya along the way, get the static kit for now and later modify it for the sound board. :)

Last edited:

I am interested in 2 kits....going to add a sound board to one, when I figure how and where...but for now put me down for one of each please.. thanks

I;ll need a switch, so I'll take it... Let me figure which one though... planning on going lights and sound etc.... so not sure...

Well that was quick! List is now full

reading above...

I want to do the crystal chamber, but eventually the blade and sound... sooooo you're saying go static for now?

Then static.

reading above...

I want to do the crystal chamber, but eventually the blade and sound... sooooo you're saying go static for now?

Then static.

Yes sir, so all you will have to do depending on which board you get, is remove the Converter chip and connect the led and switch to the New sound board. I would suggest getting the Nano Biscotte with they become available again. Just read up on the sound card you plan on using, you might still need the converter chip.

I'm interested in a static version, but it depends on the price. Sorry if I'm being stupid and have missed it, but I can't find it either here or the chamber thread.

Okay guys looks like the kits are gonna be 25.00 Please send payment separate from the Chamber payment and make it as Switch.

Switch Holder
Micro switch ( Let me know if you need 2 switches for 1 Holder. )
Converter circuit
Led
Battery Housing

Do you want me to put it together or just send it as a kit.

Last edited:

I wouldn't mind if it was already put together for mine.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back