Looking for Darjeeling Limited Suitcase Leather

TheDarkS7

Hello, I'm new here so please sorry for any mistakes I make.

I'm currently in a Cinema Props class in school and I was looking to make a replica of one of the suitcases from Wes Anderson's beautiful, The Darjeeling Limited. Most likely the missing one. I was also thinking a custom guitar case, but I'm not as strongly in love with that idea. So I was wondering if anyone could help me out with either finding the designer leather that was used in the film, I know it's Louis-Vuitton but I'm not looking to pay for that, finding someone that can make it, or help me figure out a way that I could make it myself. I have about 5 months to do it, so I have time. I'm also located in Chicago, Illinois if that helps.

So that's my request. Looking for the Darjeeling Limited suitcase Leather. Replica, How to, or Resources.

Thanks Guys! Feel free to ask any questions.

I'm looking into what kind of wood to use for the panels of the suitcase. Any ideas for what to use? I'm just thinking half inch plywood. I'm thinking it could be too heavy though.

Do you have to work from scratch?

I just have to make the suitcase however I can make it. I feel like I could make one from scratch, and that's been my plan thus far. I saw Adam Savage make a case for his stuffed beaver on Tested. That coupled with a bit of research on how to make the suitcase I'd like, and I think I'll be good. The leather work is what I'm trying to figure out right now.

Here's a link to the vid:
https://youtu.be/lPLvkrtqkJ8

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the tip Breen2057 :thumbsup

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back