Graflex "A New Hope" Build

Oh mAn am I jealous! GRAFLEX & an Exactra? I will be living vicariously through you sir :thumbsup, keep up the good work, & please keep posting.
I like the little bit of wear on the GRAFLEX, makes it feel more real. Star Wars is supposed to be used & lived in.

Exactly. When seeing MR pristine, clean and perfect lightsabers, they seem more like surgical instruments, that props from the used SW universe we love so much.

Re: Graflex "A New Hope" Build

Here's the Exactra 20 lense just after coming out of the Mitre Box. Next, I sanded the edges.

saber3.jpg

Installation was a little tricky ... took just the right fit to get it centered, but all is well ... no broken $100 plastic strip! ;)
saber2.jpg

Nice angle view. Tomorrow, hopefully my package of parts (t-track and belt ring assembly) will come in the mail, and I can get the final pieces in place. Stay tuned!

saber1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And Sym-Cha ... next is a Darth Vader saber, though I am still trying to score an extra Graflex 3-Cell for a future build. I have a friend who I think will need one.

I also want one of these: the British 3-cell MPP Microflash, to make the Darth Vader saber. Anybody have any suggestions?

I also want one of these: the British 3-cell MPP Microflash, to make the Darth Vader saber. Anybody have any suggestions?

Who doesn't wnat one of those :lol

For suggestions I would point you to Sym-Cha. From what I've read so far I think he is the one who could help you hunt one down. Someone wrote in another thread you would need 800-1000 bucks to get one of those, I think.

To topic:
The bubbles look fantastic. If you want a smoother fit under the clamp edges you could sand the edges of the bubblestrip down a little bit. Just make sure to mask the bubbles on the underside. Otherwise they would really get scratched up.

I just got lucky spotting an MPP when I did some eons ago ... nowadays you need to either sell a kidney or 2 or bring a bucketload of gold-pressed latinum to afford a true MPP ... and then you'd still need to seek for the MPP flashgun with the one-step shroud ... which is a rarity on it's own :wacko

Chaim

I just got lucky spotting an MPP when I did some eons ago ... nowadays you need to either sell a kidney or 2 or bring a bucketload of gold-pressed latinum to afford a true MPP ... and then you'd still need to seek for the MPP flashgun with the one-step shroud ... which is a rarity on it's own :wacko

Chaim

True true. I've only seen 5 of them for sale since last November, and only two had the right shroud. One of those was withdrawn from auction (everyone remembers that one, right?), and the other was wrapped up as part of a whole RAF camera kit. That one went for 600+GBP and there was some creative sneakery on the part of the buyer on that deal. My hat is off to that sly devil, whoever you are!

If you still want to open and remove the bottom of the 3 Cell ... then please leave some room between the T-tracks and the clamp to be able to ... the bottom has to slide inwards a couple of millimeter and then twisted before it can be removed ... if you glue the T-tracks to close to the clamp it won't allow removal anymore. Also fasten the D-ring after removal and before adding the T-tracks and use a wooden dowel inside for drilling a hole to avoid bending the bottom plate with the text :)

Chaim

I also want one of these: the British 3-cell MPP Microflash, to make the Darth Vader saber.

Who doesn't wnat one of those :lol

Right!?! Those are pretty darn rare. At least REAL ones...

Which brings to mind the Holy Grail of sabers... The Obi-Wan ANH!!! You can't forget about that one!! (I'm sure no one knew I would work that in to this post :lol )

Good luck with the build! :)

Last edited:

I just acquired my Graflex this weekend and I couldn't be more stoked to start on my build. Where are you getting your t-track and belt ring assembly parts? I know I've seen a site that has all the conversion parts you can buy together, I just haven't been able to find it since my eBay victory.

Here's the Exactra 20 lense just after coming out of the Mitre Box. Next, I sanded the edges.

View attachment 520874

Installation was a little tricky ... took just the right fit to get it centered, but all is well ... no broken $100 plastic strip! ;)
View attachment 520875

Nice angle view. Tomorrow, hopefully my package of parts (t-track and belt ring assembly) will come in the mail, and I can get the final pieces in place. Stay tuned!

View attachment 520876

- - - Updated - - -

And Sym-Cha ... next is a Darth Vader saber, though I am still trying to score an extra Graflex 3-Cell for a future build. I have a friend who I think will need one.

I just acquired my Graflex this weekend and I couldn't be more stoked to start on my build. Where are you getting your t-track and belt ring assembly parts? I know I've seen a site that has all the conversion parts you can buy together, I just haven't been able to find it since my eBay victory.

You wanna check out here...

http://wannawanga.com/

Super fast delivery, great parts...

There is Gino as well, you can search Gino T-track in the search bar. I've used both tracks, and both are great... Gino is kind of the original Godfather of tracks....

My saber is finished. I just drilled the base of the Graflex and installed the belt loop.

Great to hear! Can't wait to see the finished product photos :thumbsup
By the way, which T-tracks & other parts did you use?
& can you believe what GRAFLEX are going for?! Especially in the last day or two :eek

history Hunter confirmed he purchased the set from wannawanga in a previous PM to me ... curious to see his work in progress too though :) ... and yes after all this time G R A F L E X flashguns are on the rise . . . :wacko

Chaim

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back