First attempt sculpt and cast mask ( help needed )

Briciius

Hi everybody,

I'm attempting to make a new cosplay of a non-human warrior.

So i have sculpted this :

20150819_185751.jpg20150819_185803.jpg20150819_185809.jpg20150819_193900.jpg20150819_185751.jpg20150819_185803.jpg20150819_185809.jpg20150819_193900.jpg

i'm making a mold using SILICONE REBOUND 25.

I'm looking for a material that i can apply with a brush in the mold to get a "rubber" cast you know something with is not solid but not totally flexible.

I think maybe i can use flex foam 25 ? or silicone Dragon skin but i don't know if the Dragon skin silicone will glue or not on the rebound 25 and plus, i don't know if i can get a good thickness.

The mask will not be in direct contact with my skin, i want to wear it like a classical mask.

I will try a cast with smooth cast resin but i really want something like caoutchouc, like that the jaw will move with mine.

Thanks for your precious advice.

I would recommend starting mask making with the tried and true ultracal or hydrocal mold and latex casting. Cheap, easy, works.

You don't want to use the flex foam. Not super durable, not good on your skin, not going to give you great results brushed on as you say.

It is possible to build up a decent mask with silicone, but not as easily or consistently as latex. Silicone masks are generally cast with a core...I don't know whether you sculpted on one meant for this purpose.

can i have a good thickness with latex ??

because the mask will not be in contact with my skin and i need that the mask keep his shape by his own. don't know if you see what i mean

can i have a good thickness with latex ??

because the mask will not be in contact with my skin and i need that the mask keep his shape by his own. don't know if you see what i mean

If you cast a decent thickness with latex it will hold it's shape on its own while retaining its flexibility. Dragon skin will never hold its shape without being on a core or on your skin.

If you cast a decent thickness with latex it will hold it's shape on its own while retaining its flexibility. Dragon skin will never hold its shape without being on a core or on your skin.

OK so i forget the dragon skin xD

and what about smooth cast 60D or 45D they seems to be semi-rigid resines, but how much can i "flex" it before it broke?

the fact is i've made my counter mold in plaster but in only one part so........ i can't cast solid materials ... i know i've failed ><

i think smooth cast 60D could be cool for what i need to do.

Here the resin : https://www.formx.fr/moulage--tirage/pu---resines/smooth-cast--45d----60d----65d----66d/index.php

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back