Darth Vader ROTJ Build - Studio 49

I just got very lucky with someone welling parts for an unfinished Vader costume on the Sith Lord Detachment Forum, so I have just been able to buy another three parts, that are brand new, cheaper and completely avoid wait times!

I have bought the following
- Shin guards
- Cod piece
- Gloves

Nice catch of the day . . . that's another way to get your precious costume together . . . congratulations . . . I'm always to late when logging in to the SLD forums while most goodies have already been presented during my sleep ... and quite a lot of 'vultures' circling unfinished costumes these days due to long waiting lists with most vendors :wacko

Chaim

Nice catch of the day . . . that's another way to get your precious costume together . . . congratulations . . . I'm always to late when logging in to the SLD forums while most goodies have already been presented during my sleep ... and quite a lot of 'vultures' circling unfinished costumes these days due to long waiting lists with most vendors :wacko

Chaim

Don't worry I know the feeling with missing things because of Timezones since I'm in Australia and I previously have missed two sets of shins since I was too slow.
I finally got very lucky three nights ago as I was up a little later finishing some University work when I got a notification saying there was stuff on sale!

Also looks like another member will be shipping me a belt that will work and it'll be more then half the price of getting a custom one from a supplier. (also ordered the Chicago Screws to put on the belt since it comes stock standard)

Update 18:
While I wait for other parts to arrive, I have started a build thread for a Ralph McQuarrie Concept Vader costume.
I'm currently modeling a bunch pieces and have ordered an old JRX helmet which I will do up.
I mention all this because I think some people might be missing it because it's in the "Research and Development of new characters Forum" and I think some people might have missed it and i would love to get feedback from anybody and everybody who is interested since the long term goal is to get it approved like the FISD did with their Concept TK.
I'm going to need all the help I can get and will need feedback, so please feel free to leave feedback: http://forum.501stsi...wtopic=9571&hl=

In other news I have applied the Chestbox Decals and will post pics when other parts arrive soon then do a quick and dirty test fit

Will post pics when I get the chance

Hey Mate. This is looking amazing..! Are those tracky-dacks the correct shade of grey..? ; )

Thanks for the compliments man, I hope to have in done sometime close to the end of the year and be out trooping with you guys, I can't wait!
Oh and in regards to Lord Vaders Tracky-dacks, I do believe the Dark Lord was having a slow chill out day :D

So I was browsing online and found this, I am still learning about what I should be looking for for a ROTJ Vader Saber, what do you guy reckon is this even worth pursuing for $75 USD? Also if this isn't something I should consider do you have any pointers on what to look for?

VINTAGE HEILAND FLASH UNIT IN MINT CONDITION
VINTAGE HEILAND FLASH UNIT IN MINT CONDITION! COULD BE USED AS A BASE FOR A STAR WARS LIGHTSABER. 20 CM AND 0,340G.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a 2 Cell variant ... the emitter guts are perfect but the endcap is wrong ... it should be at least some 25 cm in length ... and with the correct shroud it will be even longer :

Chaim

Last edited:
Does it say the total length? It looks like a 2 Cell variant to me ... the emitter guts are perfect but the endcap is wrong ... it should be at least some 25 cm ... and with the shroud it will be even longer.

Chaim

Thank mate for the super quick response!
The description was as follows:
VINTAGE HEILAND FLASH UNIT IN MINT CONDITION
VINTAGE HEILAND FLASH UNIT IN MINT CONDITION! COULD BE USED AS A BASE FOR A STAR WARS LIGHTSABER. 20 CM AND 0,340G.

Extra photo that I didn't post:
s-l1600.jpg

Eventhough it's nice for a custom lightsaber conversion for Vader it's to short ... even with Roy's immaculate shroud attached.

Chaim

Eventhough it's nice for a custom lightsaber conversion for Vader it's to short ... even with Roy's immaculate shroud attached.

Chaim

Dang it! Oh well I shall keep searching now I have a bit of a better idea of what to look for. And I was planning to get Roy's parts for the conversion as well.
Know I just need to find a Flash somewhere, Helihand ,Parks or otherwise.
Thanks Sym-Cha

It's time for me to have a mini celebration, I just order my CP parts!!! Yes!!!!
biggrin.png

I am so pumped to finally be able to place my order!

2236106e96ebefe20a20992de67c541c.gif

I am still yet to decide on 2 pice or 3 piece , so I'm hoping to make a decision to in the coming weeks after I attend a troop with a local Vader where I'm hoping to get some one on one feedback with him. And see the costume in action and hopefully learn about the suit up process and the like.

I'm also going to do some extra measurements this weekend for boot material and the like as well as PM Bookface maybe and hopefully get an estimate on dates.

I'm so excited right now, I don't think I'm going to get to sleep!!!

biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Most SLD members seem to go for a 3 piece leather suit ... when I have the proper measurements of my customer I'll order a 3 piece suit via CP as soon as I can . . . I have an older 1 piece leather which is nice too but movablility for the arms can be somewhat of an issue even with the extra weight of the armor :)

Chaim

Can I ask you about your belt box buttons? What diameter are they and how far out from the box do they extend? Where did you get them?

Alrighty then! I'm so stoked right now because, drum roll please......

My lightsaber just arrived! To be clear this guy is a Parks Sabers MPP Flash Gun Replica.
Very very nice, good heft to it as well (just adds to that realism)
I'll be carrying out a conversion on him when the Wanna Wanga kit arrives so for now I'm going to be removing the grips, cleaning and preparing for etc arrival of the parts.
So onto the pictures of this beautiful hilt:

2A_zpsops5nlhp.jpg

3B_zpsx6c5pxcp.jpg

Attachments

• 2A_zpsops5nlhp.jpg
    2A_zpsops5nlhp.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 115
  • f96a81b9cec841e811c8f19a7a67b27c.jpg
    f96a81b9cec841e811c8f19a7a67b27c.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 2B_zpsan3xfklw.jpg
    2B_zpsan3xfklw.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 3A_zpsscp9rn6e.jpg
    3A_zpsscp9rn6e.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 3B_zpsx6c5pxcp.jpg
    3B_zpsx6c5pxcp.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 109
  • f96a81b9cec841e811c8f19a7a67b27c.jpg
    f96a81b9cec841e811c8f19a7a67b27c.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 2B_zpsan3xfklw.jpg
    2B_zpsan3xfklw.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 3A_zpsscp9rn6e.jpg
    3A_zpsscp9rn6e.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back