"Mr. Holmes" magnifying glass.

TheFisherKing

Hey!

I saw Ian McKellen's latest movie recently, "Mr. Holmes", and I was impressed by the cool magnifying glass he was using.

image.jpg

I searched for a few days and finally found the same one! They appear to be fairly commonplace. I've ordered one, and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I was also struck by the cool little paperweight that Holmes carries throughout the film.

image.jpgimage.jpg

This has proved more difficult to find. I'm now convinced that it was a custom-made piece. I've ordered something similar; a honey bee preserved in clear Lucite. But I'd have liked something more similar in shape to what Holmes has in the movie.

So, did anyone see the movie? Did anything impress you?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 101
might be of interest to know that many of the props were brought in by Ian Mckellen himself. He supplied quite a few things for the film. Many of the items are on display at his pub...the Grapes.

2chZfW.jpg

Found this on eBay. It is only 1 inch diameter. Your Holme's one appears to be about 3 inches across.
If you care to look, use search term on eBay : Insect Cabochon Honey Bee

Last edited by a moderator:
He has stated about the props himself on several interviews. He mentions Holmes hat and magnifying glass. I also have a friend that went to the pub and sure enough behind the bar are a few Lord of the Rings props that he had kept. Pretty cool indeed.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back