GHOSTBUSTERS Pre-Release - film discussion only, no social commentary please!

Read through the Star Wars episode 8 and rogue 1 threads...

Most of us here are more judgemental about all things SW than we would ever be about a GB movie.....

There are 2 lead females for BOTH of the next 2 SW movies... While a few of us think YES it's pretty obvious what the trend in hollyweird is with shoehorning PC-ness.........

We all think the female leads look strong and awesome!!!! And that the movies are looking and sounding awesome!!!

Yet 90% of these same RPFers.... Think the new GB is a travesty. And in no way looks like it has remote potential to be even passable.....

What say you hate-haters?

MIC DROP.

My hero! :love

Its funny, I told my wife the song would be like this before it was released. 100% correct. UGH. Fall out boy singing some weird rock version of the theme and Elliot busting in singing nonsense. Yep.

Yet 90% of these same RPFers.... Think the new GB is a travesty. And in no way looks like it has remote potential to be even passable.....

I do wonder how many of us watched all seasons of Buffy when they first aired and probably complete reruns ... ohohoh and Xena! But probably only because of Xander and Ted Raimi as THE indentification figures ...

I hope someone spray paints ' i thought it was gonna be he man over them all'
https://scontent.fewr1-1.fna.fbcdn....=85a53015e2bb04bdeb79317cb1c632a3&oe=57C5DFF7

That Billboard is fake. Here is a photo of the real one.
hangup.png

That Billboard is fake. Here is a photo of the real one.
View attachment 637559

that's one problem with the premise of 'government coverup'. why would you even have a tagline of 'who you gonna call?'

the government is trying to paint them as frauds, so they'd never even get enough believably to even get customers ;o)

- - - Updated - - -

I do wonder how many of us watched all seasons of Buffy when they first aired and probably complete reruns ... ohohoh and Xena! But probably only because of Xander and Ted Raimi as THE indentification figures ...

not me....

But I did get heavily into voyager with Captain Janeway more so than Ds9 ;o)

you know what's interesting? has Kate McKinnon gotten in on the nerd bashing?

I noticed at first it was mostly mcarthy and jones.

then wigg slowly started getting into it, but i havn't seen much from mckinnon.

Last edited by a moderator:

MIC DROP.
I say... so now both sides are thinking the negativity is due to misogyny? Is that not the same as the SJW thinking everyone hating on the film is because of the female crew? I'm good friends with plenty of old school, hardcore GB fans that want nothing to do with the reboot for a variety of logical/normal reasons, but they aren't hatefully shouting their contempt and whining from the rooftop day after day. Pot/kettle/black, basically.

...and you should take better care of audio equipment. :lol

Yeah, the Fallout Boy song is pretty bad. Honestly, I've never cared for ANY cover of RPJ's original song, aside from the RGB version. The Run DMC song just shares the title and really nothing else. It seems all of these reboot covers ape from Ray's original song. On a more positive note (booo, hissss), an acquaintance of mine that has seen the film said there is a much better cover of the song in the movie than the Fallout boy track.

The music from the soundtrack is designed to sell. I read this morning that the Elle King track has already cracked the top-20 on iTunes. I don't see Sony corporate letting a 7-year old Hoobastank cover on the soundtrack.

Personally, I wish they would have thrown Lemon Demon a bone and released this:

HA! The phallic neutrona wand sells it.

as i recall, it took a while to warm up too, since i prefer more older sounding, disco like music....
but within a year or two, i was singing this one too after I got the sound track back in 89 ;o).

We arrived so early at the theater to see GB 2, the movie that started before my showtime was already halfway through. I still remember peaking through the doors to get a sneak peak and seeing venkman and dana having dinner ;o).

the only part of the song i don't like, cause it takes you out of the narrative, is the end where he says 'peace out, we love you ' and all that nonsensical non song stuff. I think that could be left out.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...usters-theme-song-bad-scary-article-1.2685703

I love all these websites that are so gung ho toting the sony line, yet the theme song is so bad, they have to show their true colors for even a split second.

this one line is a head smacker though.

>The all-female reboot of the classic 80’s film starring Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon has been the subject of much internet criticism but until the movie opens on July 15, let’s not say boo.>>>>

ahh, sony behaving like certain countries where free speech is limited. guess we can't say anything more until we see it, fellas ;o) NY daily news said so!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back