Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

There's so many stories to cover, new stories for new characters, they dont need to follow the main stars of the OT with each lifetime event. If we heard some of thier backstory, we can add a LOT more to those stories. Ok, so we heard about 3 events mentioned throughout, so we base an entire film on those lines? Will we get a "Battle of Tanaab" Lando spinoff? A "Twelve Systems" crime series? I sure as heck hope we get a badass villain that we've never heard of and they die in an extreme way, these guys lived for decades and could've lived hundreds of adventures. Flying from one side of the galaxy the other, seeing lots of strange stuff, has a great potential for a trilogy. IF done right. Add more to the story outside of what we know and it'll work, rehashing a film into a giant flashback as fan service seems lazy. "Remember he mentioned ____? Here it is!" :wacko

As George said, "they're more interested in selling nostalgia and I'm interested in new stories"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

...But why did he make 3 films about something we knew about,....going back to make 1-3 to tell how DV fell to the darkside isn't a new story,....the same as a Prequel about young Han Solo

Don't quote anything George says,...he contradicts himself

J

...But why did he make 3 films about something we knew about,....going back to make 1-3 to tell how DV fell to the darkside isn't a new story,....the same as a Prequel about young Han Solo

Don't quote anything George says,...he contradicts himself

Well, he did title his first big movie trilogy "episode 4-6", and there's an obvious backstory about several of the main characters leaking through it all over the place . . . I think I'm gonna cut him some slack to make a few prequels later.

Well, he did title his first big movie trilogy "episode 4-6", and there's an obvious backstory about several of the main characters leaking through it all over the place . . . I think I'm gonna cut him some slack to make a few prequels later.

Yep I agree,...but Ol'Geordie shouldn't really poo-poo what LFL/Disney are doing now,....going back to tell a back-story about an OT character, when that's exactly what he did with Vader,.....& quite poorly done

J

The argument that there are other characters and stories to tell doesn't preclude telling a story like this. This isn't an either/or, Disney is going to be producing this content for decades to come and it will consist of both the old and the new. We are still in the infancy if this journey and they have chosen in the near term to cover the familiar before branching out. It's not a question of lack of vision, it's ensuring they establish their new fan base to support the vision. Be patient.

young lando casted!! very cool! i had to google at first i thought he was the son of danny glover. i was wrong! :rolleyes

Young Lando? They should just name this Mission Impossible. If you think Ford is hard to follow, Billy Dee is even harder. Even Billy Dee said a month or two ago that they should not do Lando because he nailed it (my wording).

Danny glover is FANTASTIC casting... like when I heard rumours it was like back in the day hearing they may cast Patrick Stewart as Xavier... too perfect.

I have a ton of faith in Donald, I worry that he'll be so distracting.

He's troy.

Frankly, I'm pretty happy I hadn't seen "girls" before watching TFA

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I have a ton of faith in Donald, I worry that he'll be so distracting.
He's troy.

I thought the same when he first started getting movie roles, but seeing him in The Martian and Atlanta have proved otherwise, at least for me.

I think he is a fantastic choice.

Danny glover is FANTASTIC casting... like when I heard rumours it was like back in the day hearing they may cast Patrick Stewart as Xavier... too perfect.

I thought Danny glover was too old for this ****!

This young Glover guy is quite a multi talented guy, musician, actor.

I agree that Billy Dee is gonna be a tough act to follow, just like Harrison was.

Picture Lando's early ESB lines coming out of another actor's mouth and see how well it works. It doesn't.

In Lando's early Bespin scenes it was like he was reading directly off a cheesy George Lucas script*, instead of improvising it to sound more natural like all the other actors were doing - only the cheesy lines DID sound natural coming from him.

* I am aware that GL didn't write the ESB script.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back