Black Panther Civil War Inspired Costumes

Re: Iracel's Black Panther

The patterns and textures are amazing! You are really patient and pay a lot of attention to detail. This will be amazing when done, can't wait. :thumbsup

you young sir are a legend, if anyone was going to become a real life spiderman it would be you, your suits are seriously legit. Are you on fb?

It's beautiful man. Where u getting the pattern from? Just screen shots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah just screenshots, the concept artwork, and my own input. :p

you young sir are a legend, if anyone was going to become a real life spiderman it would be you, your suits are seriously legit. Are you on fb?

I just have a normal man person profile on Facebook. I do have an instagram though!! @Theultimatechaser

Last edited by a moderator:

i not on instagram, just wanted somewhere to follow the progress of your builds, i don't really come on here

Are you going to Ohayocon in January? Do you think this'll be done in time for it?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Are you going to Ohayocon in January? Do you think this'll be done in time for it?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The plan is for this to be finished in time. Sadly my mail room in my dorm lost a bunch of packages and I was expecting stuff for my costume. So that may hinder me if it doesn't come.

HOLA. Betchu thought I abandoned this costume again. No way, Jose. I've been very very hard at work. After finishing my exams and coming home, I've literally just been in my room working hard on this thing all day every day. Honestly I need to make more time for exercising like I was at school, but I have so much to do and the convention is on the 15th. Now, these pictures are kinda bad, but they were taken hastily just to show my progress. Then, I'll explain everything. Take a gander. (I'm clearly not wearing the muscle suit yet.) xD And the head looks so big cuz I put padding in there to define the cheekbones and jawline, but I've since taken the cheekbones out.

Isi0jGDl.jpg

PXKz4GZl.jpg

XvJHBkJl.jpg

dCTQhS9l.jpg

hj4rDXVl.jpg

8rdDukBl.jpg

So, lets start of with he silver trim. I bought silver and black metallic floss, and it's constructed in such a way that I can sew it into the costume without it looking like it's sewn in. It's hard to see, but I've been sewing the black metallic trim into the pattern and it's looking pretty cool. The mouth part is a motorcycle winter head thing that I repurposed, and I had to sew a leather strip to the front to cover up the "airflow" logo, but it also just looks way better. :p Right now I'm having trouble making the mask symmetrical and deciding if I'm going to use lenses or cat contacts/makeup.
It took me a while to decide on a center piece for the necklace, but I found a skull I thought looked pretty cool. I'm not wearing the boots in these pictures but they look good. I still have s much to do it's ridiculous. What sucks is that my black kevlar weave sleeves came in to my dorm two days after I went home. So annoying. So I had to order another one but in grey cuz it was the only one that was eligible for Amazon Prime. So I guess I'll have to try to dye it and see if it will work for at least this convention. So, I'll be taking any questions now. xD jk. I mean, I will. Sure.

WOW and I thought this looked good before the helmet, holy hell. The transition between the motorcycle mask and the spandex is so seamless, it's amazing.

TUOJHCtl.jpg

BSTz7As.jpg

Ym7jfZwl.jpg

7yEGPA5l.jpg

6fcP5FIl.jpg

HAdyBzzl.jpg

BEVjIFwl.jpg

Well guys, I had to completely rush the gloves and legs of this costume and "finish them the night before/at the convention, but since I'm making another one as I type this sentence I'm just going to say this black panther is finished. I got a super cool photoshoot, and if you want to see even more, improved pictures you can check out my instagram. Questions are welcome. The worst thing I can say is "that's a secret" xD. So, although this costume is done, I'm going to keep using this thread for my second (technically third but I completely threw away the first one) black panther costume. Black Panther 2.0

I feel like Liking your post wasn't good enough. Incredible. The detail, texture and shape of the costume ate sublimely good.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back