Denix Mauser Mods and ESB Blaster Re-Build WIP

Great pics and a great replica. All the extra effort shows. :thumbsup

I left the left side detail off when I built my Bobadebt/Real M19 Luke ESB back in the early 2000's, as well.

I just read through this for the third time. Denix came in the mail today. Going to the hardware store to bulk up my file collection... tomorrow it begins! Thanks for the huge amount of inspiration!

Man, this blaster is so beautiful! The grips really sell it, so cool!

Matt.

What type of bit did you use to make those sight pin holes more accurate as seen above, and did you use a hand-drill? Drill press? Mill? Those details have been holding me up for a good while now, and yours look great.

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

I'm not Matty obviously, but I did similar mod on my Denix. I used a larger bit in a drill press but a hand drill should work fine, just take your time. The Denix metal is pretty soft and drills nicely.

Matt.

What type of bit did you use to make those sight pin holes more accurate as seen above, and did you use a hand-drill? Drill press? Mill? Those details have been holding me up for a good while now, and yours look great.

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

I just used one of these big bits in a hand drill. I dream of one day owning things like a drill press or a mill, lol.

image.jpeg

matt do you mind sharing how you painted the scope? what color you chose? how you dulled the paint?

I can't remember what paint I used for sure but Krylon satin black is my go to for that kind of stuff. I do remember putting a gloss clear on and then stippling satin clear to give it texture. Oh, and some brass metallic paint for weathering in the middle of all that. I don't think the actual black paint is going to matter that much.

I can't remember what paint I used for sure but Krylon satin black is my go to for that kind of stuff. I do remember putting a gloss clear on and then stippling satin clear to give it texture. Oh, and some brass metallic paint for weathering in the middle of all that. I don't think the actual black paint is going to matter that much.

thanks for the tips! the scope came out awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back