Denix Mauser Mods and ESB Blaster Re-Build WIP

add white paint over/ into the recessed letters, wait two minutes for the paint to set slightly, wipe excess paint off the raised areas with a damp paper-towel.

Tadaaaaa :)

Markus

add white paint over/ into the recessed letters, wait two minutes for the paint to set slightly, wipe excess paint off the raised areas with a damp paper-towel.

Tadaaaaa :)

Markus

Yep, exactly. Very easy to do as long as you've got decent lettering. Don't forget a clear coat to seal and finish it off.

WOW. This Denix turned out amazing. Now you're making me want to start this project...

Doooo it....doooo it. C'mon...do it.

I decided to get a bolt with a thicker head for the scope to match the Luke reference pics. I think it looks pretty much spot on. 1/4-20 in the back and M7 in the front. The hex heads are the same size but the M7 is taller, which works out great.

IMG_1462_zpsef7rbe75.jpg

IMG_1463_zpsapzwmfkx.jpg

I also made a barrel extension to poke through the flash hider. It's a steel spacer I found at the hardware store, all I had to do was hit it with some perma blue.

Steel spacer, good call. I'm making an ANH and I cut my Denix a bit too short so it's flush with the end of the cone and not poking through a little. I might do just this :)

Maybe not - I might be thinking of the custom ESB ones. I don't know if we ever see inside te MG81 cone

Ok, I'm changing gears a little bit here. I was able to snag a set of real grips (with the original hardware). These things look and smell like they've been in a barn for 100 years. In other words, they're perfect. Worn and beat to hell, but not trashed. Now I can really see how oversized and wrong the Denix grips are.

Now comes the part where I grind away more Denix. I really wasn't planning on this but it's going to be so worth it.

I hear cutting out the center bars is easy, the hard art is grinding the rim thinner. if that makes sense.

Yeah, I got them fitted on the frame pretty easily, but there's a lot of metal to remove from the outside of the handle. They already look and feel so much better though.

Here you can see how much material needs to be removed from the frame. I also reshaped the trigger to try to get it a little more accurate.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back