Fallout 4

It doesn't help that i have a schedule where all the bad connections worldwide showed up lol. I've actually only done 2 raids, i did VOG and then i did Crota a ton of times. Another thing they do that I'm hoping Bethesda never does if Fallout goes online is stick exotics into raids nobody wants to do anymore. Destiny 2 better be freaking awesome if they want to get a lot of players back, the forum is looking even more like a warzone now and the fanboys aren't even sticking up for the game at this point. I never been on a fallout forum. Much like this one i just got to bungie's to be snarky and annoying lol

Is Destiny still set up in such a way that you need multiple people to follow the story stuff all the way through? I just don't have a crew to roll with online, and rando's on XB1 are pretty effed most of the time.

In theory... you should be able to put a crew together in the tower. If there are people there you can request they join your fireteam. I've only tried once and nobody accepted so...

Option B... join a group like https://www.the100.io/

I think you can do a lot of the story solo, but I've hit some areas on side quests that are impossible to do alone.

I want to go back to play Vegas moreso because I just finished replaying FO3 just prior to 4. And I'm still in a Fallout mood. I enjoyed Vegas for it's own qualities though I admit I found the factions frustrating for a completionist.

I did the same thing, finished replaying FO3 back in June and will probably go back to NV again sometime this fall. I just wish there were more good Fallout-esque games out there, it's probably my favorite series.

I'm not keen on being social and that pretty much killed the game for me, I noticed interacting with folks on there had the same negative effects and triggers as dealing with folks in real life. Never thought a game would trigger my anxiety disorder lol

Yup. I hate playing video games socially. It's why I completely stopped playing MMOs. You end up with so many asshats, I have no interest in interacting with the majority of people and therefore, I play single player games only. I don't care if there's online content, I will just never take part.

I do like the companies that have dedicated PvP servers, where said asshats can go, and leave the PvE servers (mocked as "Care Bear" servers by the PvP'ers) for those of us who would rather engage the story and setting than kill other players over and over because we're [jerks]. I'd honestly be chuffed if ungie and Betheda and all of those guys would make more of an effort in that direction. At least for the campaign stuff. Let those of us who want to play the game play the game, and keep the over-aggressive dudebros out of our hair. Then I'd be happier about multiplayer.

--Jonah

Bungie not having dedicated servers has done more to tear apart the community than anything even among the pvp players as they can't get along with each other. I doubt Destiny 2 is going to do well after 3years of this crap. I kind of wish Fallout would do an online version sort of like GTA 5 where it's optional and you can just mess around doing stuff with your friends but it's not necessarily pvp either. I'm not a fan of GTA but they do thing really right with the game when it comes to online and offline.

Except PvP is MUCH more rewarding in Destiny than PvE. I don't think there's any way to get some of the sweet equipment without not only playing the PvP but also doing well.
I personally suck in PvP. It's embarrassing how bad I am. I'll never be able to do what a lot of these people can... on very rare occasions I have a good game but it's usually because I'm either exploiting the map, working the lag, or because I'm lucky enough to get put with people who suck as bad as me. More often than not, one round of Crucible is enough to infuriate me. I can't even comprehend how people can do what they do so of course I feel cheated.

I think there are a lot of people excited for the next Destiny DLC. I'm hearing they actually put Destiny 2 on hold to move this DLC forward. I'm guessing the success of this DLC will hold some weight with the decision to move forward with the sequel. I love it. I think it has a nice balance of solo, team, and PvP.

I did the same thing, finished replaying FO3 back in June and will probably go back to NV again sometime this fall. I just wish there were more good Fallout-esque games out there, it's probably my favorite series.

You've played Skyrim, right? It's basically D&D meets Fallout. I think I enjoyed Skyrim more than Fallout in a lot of ways.The story was more engaging than Fallout. I'm sure the next iteration of Elder Scrolls is going to be mind blowing considering the changes between F3 to NV to F4.

I just like open-ended / sandbox type games. Fallout, Skyrim, and Destiny have nailed it for me.

Another good game, although it's a little more on rails in terms of story/character progression is Prototype. Really cool game. Fun mechanics. It's like GTA [which I'm not a fan of] meets Spider-Man/Resident Evil. I could spend hours just jumping/flying around the city busting things up. But eventually it does get tiring/monotonous.

Yeah it sounds like they're going to just keep putting out DLC for a while, which means it's all the stuff they cut from the game in the first place when they were time crunched. I just realized bethesda thought of everything in Fallout 4, you put a person into one of the sorter/separator machines and it'll break them down into items, meat, blood packs, and skeletons. That guy with the ghoul meat really shoulda had one of those at his cannery lol

You've played Skyrim, right? It's basically D&D meets Fallout. I think I enjoyed Skyrim more than Fallout in a lot of ways.The story was more engaging than Fallout. I'm sure the next iteration of Elder Scrolls is going to be mind blowing considering the changes between F3 to NV to F4.

I just like open-ended / sandbox type games. Fallout, Skyrim, and Destiny have nailed it for me.

Another good game, although it's a little more on rails in terms of story/character progression is Prototype. Really cool game. Fun mechanics. It's like GTA [which I'm not a fan of] meets Spider-Man/Resident Evil. I could spend hours just jumping/flying around the city busting things up. But eventually it does get tiring/monotonous.

Of course I've played Skyrim and it was, by far, the best of the ES games to date. However, Fallout doesn't take itself all that seriously. It acknowledges that the setting is kind of silly and I love that. There are a lot of games that are relentlessly serious and there's nothing wrong with that, but you can get a game like Fallout, where you can just smile at the abject absurdity of it all and just have a good time. Both Fallout and ES give you a ton of things to do so you don't get bored, you're not forced into following a storyline that you can't get out of like some games, but I'd rather just have fun than worry about getting achievements and getting somewhere. But then again, I'm not at all competitive in video games, I outgrew that a long, long time ago.

I personally suck in PvP. It's embarrassing how bad I am. I'll never be able to do what a lot of these people can... on very rare occasions I have a good game but it's usually because I'm either exploiting the map, working the lag, or because I'm lucky enough to get put with people who suck as bad as me. More often than not, one round of Crucible is enough to infuriate me. I can't even comprehend how people can do what they do so of course I feel cheated.

About the only PvP stuff I like is a game that lets me follow my style of play. I'm apparently a sniper by temperament. In New Vegas, I love me my YCS/186. I love piffing things from a kilometer away when they're just a speck in my scope. As I said way upthread here, I didn't have any of the "underpowered guns" issues people were complaining about with F4 -- in part, probably, because I was stealth-killing them from range, ergo double damage. The Halo costume I'm working on is the Gungnir variant -- the helmet targeting system with the Spartan laser rifle. Appropriately named after Odin's spear of infinite range and unerring accuracy. There's no ballistic arc and the range is constrained only by the game map.

I've found games that let different players do different things... but not many of them do it well. Halo: Reach is the best one I can think of at the moment, but it was severely handicapped by dreadful vehicle-piloting mechanics. *shrug*

--Jonah

I like multiplayer like in halo and Destiny where you can do missions together but their PVP is so out of whack right now it makes Call of Duty seem normal lol. What any game that puts PvP into it should have a tiers system where you work your way up to the high end snob level or you stay where you want to be but you have to earn it so the snobs and noobs don't mix and if someone stays in a lower bracket just to cause trouble they either get banned or forced into the bracket they show skill level for.

Yeah it sounds like they're going to just keep putting out DLC for a while, which means it's all the stuff they cut from the game in the first place when they were time crunched. I just realized bethesda thought of everything in Fallout 4, you put a person into one of the sorter/separator machines and it'll break them down into items, meat, blood packs, and skeletons. That guy with the ghoul meat really shoulda had one of those at his cannery lol

Hard to say. I like to think the DLC coming out next month wasn't planned. I thought it might just be Destiny 2 chopped down and made into an add-on.
Either way, it's cool that they're still adding on to this game so long after it came out. Compared to games like Call of Duty that give you a year before they churn out another pile of crap worse than the previous year. I came in on CoD with Ghosts... so I didn't have as long to see the game take a nose dive. Advanced Warfare was fun for a very short while before it became clear that it was not what I wanted in a game.

I won't deny I can find myself getting bored with Destiny, but it's still fun.

I got ghosts cheap but my god does it make me motion sick. Oh I wouldn't be surprised if they're gutting parts of Destiny 2 to buy themselves time, they might replace it but it's either stuff from D2 or it's stuff they gutted from the original release. I give bethesda credit, they might cut stuff now and then but they never really gut any of their games insanely. Then again they never promise more than they can accomplish either. I need to finish New Vegas and work on skyrim. I have oblivion but since my 360 has issues i can't play it right now.

So I seem to be missing something... I've been having fun with Vault 88. I've cleared everything out. I've done the workbench trick to bring the size bar back down a few times so I can keep building and building and building and... But I'm running into a couple things I haven't been able to figure out, and the online tutorials aren't helping.

- The super reactor... I've placed it, I've connected it to a vault conduit thingie snapped to the middle of the wall, it's on... and nothing.

- Related to the above, the vault lights and guide signs don't seem to want to snap to anything.

I have a very lovely, but very dim vault that I am very proud of. I would love to get it the rest of the way, but I'm stumped. Does the super reactor have a maximum run through walls before I need to build another? Am I just missing where the lights are supposed to snap to? And why the hell are there no vault bathroom or shower facilities among the buildable components? That seems a major oversight.

[ETA: When I say "nothing", I mean lights work up to about five wall panels away and no more. Given the size of my vault, that's nothing. Certainly not where I put the experiment room...]

--Jonah

Last edited:
Wish i could help you but the only use i got out of the vault DLC was the super generator in my armor vault. I was going to rebuild it but it's such a hassle moving every suit of armor i quit until nuka world hits.

So I seem to be missing something... I've been having fun with Vault 88. I've cleared everything out. I've done the workbench trick to bring the size bar back down a few times so I can keep building and building and building and... But I'm running into a couple things I haven't been able to figure out, and the online tutorials aren't helping.

- The super reactor... I've placed it, I've connected it to a vault conduit thingie snapped to the middle of the wall, it's on... and nothing.

- Related to the above, the vault lights and guide signs don't seem to want to snap to anything.

I have a very lovely, but very dim vault that I am very proud of. I would love to get it the rest of the way, but I'm stumped. Does the super reactor have a maximum run through walls before I need to build another? Am I just missing where the lights are supposed to snap to? And why the hell are there no vault bathroom or shower facilities among the buildable components? That seems a major oversight.

[ETA: When I say "nothing", I mean lights work up to about five wall panels away and no more. Given the size of my vault, that's nothing. Certainly not where I put the experiment room...]

--Jonah

There are some good youtube tutorials on F4 building. I had no idea how to build the atrium until I watched one.

I messed with the vault stuff for about an hour then left the one guy there, and sent the rest to real settlements. He keeps getting attacked, but no help is coming. :lol The whole power setup for that DLC was dumb. A real vault doesn't have power lines running all over the place. They should have made wall sections that could be powered and when you snap them the other sections are powered. Then you just plug your generator into one spot and everything is powered.

I messed with the vault stuff for about an hour then left the one guy there, and sent the rest to real settlements. He keeps getting attacked, but no help is coming. :lol The whole power setup for that DLC was dumb. A real vault doesn't have power lines running all over the place. They should have made wall sections that could be powered and when you snap them the other sections are powered. Then you just plug your generator into one spot and everything is powered.

That's how the power system for all the building should have been, just pretend the wiring is already there and stop making us struggle with it. Sadly all the building DLC came too late to really impress anyone as most everyone beat the game after a month or two. Last review I read said not to even bother buying the building DLC as they should have been there from the start. I'm hoping in Fallout 5 they revamp the system so it's there from the start and make improvements like just pretending the walls have wiring. This isn't the ghetto, no crackhead went out in the radiation to rip copper wires out of the walls lol

But that's pretty much how it works actually ! Every section that is connected to a reactor is powered, up to at least 14 tiles radius, but you have to add a power thing on the wall every now and then (forgot how it was called, but it's the thing you place on the wall and get in the connectors and switches library). There is no need for wires, unless you want to connect a terminal or one of the experiments item.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back