Fallout 4

Started exploring the SW corner of the map that goes outside the boundaries on the PIP Boy.

Weather never seems to clear up in that part of the Commonwealth. Quite a few Deathclaws and Rad Scorpions. Surprisingly, even in hard mode I can deal with them fairly easy.

I have one weapon that I love: Never Ending Ammo Combat Rifle. I have it maxed out on mods. Has pretty sweet damage and suppressed. Good times.

That would be the Glowing Sea. I have a feeling things just continue to get worse if one were to push further that way, toward the remains of New York (one of the primary targets of the bombs). This is probably what the Capitol Wasteland would be like if the bomb in the center of Megaton had airbursted as it was intended to...

I have been leaving off going anywhere past the very fringes of that area until I need to for quest purposes. As with the radstorms that blow through, it just freaks me out for some hard-to-define reason.

--Jonah

It's not really so bad, one might live there quite happily for some time.

Except for the poor souls that got suck in the plane crash and the various buildings that survived lol. Those airplane crashes are kinda pointless, they look neat but aside from some very basic back story stuff they don't really offer much. i was hoping for journals like the Survivalist from New Vegas but it's been pretty light on that content.

It's definitely barren and the visibility it for ****e. At times I thought I stepped into some other game like Halo and was on another planet entirely.

I haven't had any missions out there... just wandering around while blowing off pleas for help to save kidnapped settlers.

I did put on some power armor to go in there... not much rad poisoning in my rad resistant power armor. Plus I can take more of a beating from a Deathclaw or Rad scorpion.
Not much loot worth getting excited about out there though.

I like walking the perimeter of the map just do see what's on the "fringe". I didn't even realize that was a mapped area, so when I started going right off the edge I was like "Hey... I wonder if anyone else knows about this?".

That would be the Glowing Sea. I have a feeling things just continue to get worse if one were to push further that way, toward the remains of New York (one of the primary targets of the bombs). This is probably what the Capitol Wasteland would be like if the bomb in the center of Megaton had airbursted as it was intended to...--Jonah

My nephew was looking at a map yesterday to see what's around MA to see where the DLC could be. He wants something in New York City because he said it would be awesome.

Except for the poor souls that got suck in the plane crash and the various buildings that survived lol. Those airplane crashes are kinda pointless, they look neat but aside from some very basic back story stuff they don't really offer much. i was hoping for journals like the Survivalist from New Vegas but it's been pretty light on that content.

That's the stuff I've really liked since Fallout 3 and the Survivalist story was the best of them IMO. I love finding computers in F3 where it would say the employee hasn't logged in for 200 years, or books are 200 years late to be turned in at the library. Not enough of that in F4.

I wish we could go back to PA. All we got to see was the Pitt, and Monroeville is mentioned to be a ghoul city with a direct hit, and Raven Rock.

My nephew was looking at a map yesterday to see what's around MA to see where the DLC could be. He wants something in New York City because he said it would be awesome.

I'd be curious to see New York -- provided it's DLC/continuation, so I have my hazmat suit, copious RadAway, and radiation-damping perks, if I'm going to be pushing into an area with rad exposure in the hundreds, minimum. New York is going to be something like a cross between Hiroshima and how Sydney looked at the end of Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. Everything in the lore, back to the first game, mentions New York as one of the obliterated cities.

That's the stuff I've really liked since Fallout 3 and the Survivalist story was the best of them IMO. I love finding computers in F3 where it would say the employee hasn't logged in for 200 years, or books are 200 years late to be turned in at the library. Not enough of that in F4.

I've run across a lot of that -- computers saying software is thousands of days past needed updates, a depressing amount of human tragedies from when the bombs fell in holotapes, jounals, and radio transmissions... the newspaper article written the day before the bombs looking forward to the first Red Sox World Series victory in over a century... a veterans' hall with a computer entry about being envious of another nearby hall that was lucky enough to have been able to book [the male player character] for a talk, and hoping they might be able to get him, too...

--Jonah

I really want to know what happened to the wife of that guy who had the shelter in that one town. She said she was leaving the hospital with others but they never finished to story. The crashed vertibird on the roof makes me think their ride never got there. Oddly enough the journals and stuff are the parts of post apocalyptic stories. Back in the 80s and 90s adventure fiction about WW3 and after it were huge and there was always tons of details like that, even if it's just finding a depressing scene of skeletal remains that told a story. Those were usually more interesting than the rest of the story.

OSo I made Mama Murphy's chair... but she wouldn't sit in it. So I figured maybe it was glitching or something. So I scrapped it and tried to make another one, but it wasn't available in my workshop... AND Mama Murphy disappeared. I haven't seen her in a while...

OSo I made Mama Murphy's chair... but she wouldn't sit in it. So I figured maybe it was glitching or something. So I scrapped it and tried to make another one, but it wasn't available in my workshop... AND Mama Murphy disappeared. I haven't seen her in a while...

Good riddance. Lol

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

I can see how she tore someone's head off as a youngster, she was on something that's like pcp and meth mixed together lol

Did anyone check out Patch 1.3? The new HBAO setting looks really good.

(Before/After)

fo4_hbao-.gif

Good, I'll have to try that.

I'm not liking the 1.3 patch. It ruined my favorite Macready perk. Plus, I think it also nerfed the % to hit in general, I don't remember having such a hard time being able to hit targets...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back