Fallout 4

It would have been more interesting if Shaun and the wife had both been taken and you eventually find out that shaun runs things but that it was your wife that was behind the massive growth of the Institute and maybe she created their bladerunner branch or even if she created the railroad to battle the institute after losing the kid to them. It would have led to things being more complicated and interesting then just a kid nobody cared for in the game as in a way it'd be that choice nobody wants to make of "do i save my wife or save the child and lose her" that you see now and then in the news.

Biggest issue with that is that then the romancing companions would be really out of place. Not to mention the fact that you weren't thawed right away would be a much bigger issue of blame.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

I wonder just how many people intentionally avoid the main storyline quests in favor of settlement building and wasteland wandering.

I for one could care less about the main quest... maybe because I spoiled it by reading ahead, although I usually skip through conversations I'm "engaged" in so I can get whatever quest they're pitching and move on.

Far Harbor sounds great, I was hoping for more cases at the Detective Agency and I love a good mystery to solve. Point Lookout was my favorite expansion for Fallout 3 and this seems to be set in the same vein, taking place in an entirely new location with new wildlife and scenery completely seperate from what you normally find around Boston. I was so dissapointed that the first big DLC expansion for Skyrim just added some new structures to the existing gameworld instead of taking you to a new location, and i'm glad they didn't follow suit here.

I'm getting a strong Innsmouth vibe from the images they've teased which would fit with the other Lovecraftian references they've placed into the game, so i'm really looking forward to playing this.

KDAmarGqbVVH.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg g2-5OV5tTeqr.jpg

Last edited:
BTW, if you are still having problems with huge delays on the pause menu and on saving, disconnecting from the internet cures it instantly.

Found and did all of the quests for Vault 81. So, that vault is super shiny and nice. Since the "clean" components are obviously coded into the game it would be awesome to be able to have those as options when you're settlement building.

I'd like to think I'm not the only one that thinks this and word has gotten to Bethesda to make a patch or something. I'm tired of the shabby looking shacks. I just rebuilt my home at the Starlight Drive-in. I built it around that big puddle in the middle of the parking lot of put 3 medium water purifiers in it, then walled them and their respective generators in with concrete foundations. The I built my "apartment" above them. There are no doors or stairs to get in. I just go into build mode and move the bottom block to enter. Yet somehow, when I come back there's some d*ck sleeping in my bed and another hammering away on my work bench. I think I'm going to move all those fools to another settlement.

Also... doing the quest to get crops for the Brotherhood... there should be an option where if you're already part of the Minutemen but also join the Brotherhood that you can just give them crops. I have to ask the dumb woman in MY settlement for the crops that I planted... and she tries to charge me 1,000 caps for them. There should definitely be another way to do that one. I don't know who I want to kill more now... the people in Sanctuary Hills or the Brotherhood. To make it easy on myself I'll probably just kill all of them.

Oh... and I got and modded out the gauss gun. That thing is pretty awesome.... although it's not too terrible accurate. But I can put a Deathclaw down pretty quick so I'm happy with it.

Found and did all of the quests for Vault 81. So, that vault is super shiny and nice. Since the "clean" components are obviously coded into the game it would be awesome to be able to have those as options when you're settlement building.

I'd like to think I'm not the only one that thinks this and word has gotten to Bethesda to make a patch or something. I'm tired of the shabby looking shacks. I just rebuilt my home at the Starlight Drive-in. I built it around that big puddle in the middle of the parking lot of put 3 medium water purifiers in it, then walled them and their respective generators in with concrete foundations. The I built my "apartment" above them. There are no doors or stairs to get in. I just go into build mode and move the bottom block to enter. Yet somehow, when I come back there's some d*ck sleeping in my bed and another hammering away on my work bench. I think I'm going to move all those fools to another settlement.

Also... doing the quest to get crops for the Brotherhood... there should be an option where if you're already part of the Minutemen but also join the Brotherhood that you can just give them crops. I have to ask the dumb woman in MY settlement for the crops that I planted... and she tries to charge me 1,000 caps for them. There should definitely be another way to do that one. I don't know who I want to kill more now... the people in Sanctuary Hills or the Brotherhood. To make it easy on myself I'll probably just kill all of them.

Oh... and I got and modded out the gauss gun. That thing is pretty awesome.... although it's not too terrible accurate. But I can put a Deathclaw down pretty quick so I'm happy with it.

I would be nice to tag a bed as your own so you don't have randos showing up in it. And it would be badass to build your own vault settlement...

I think you can just go pick the stuff that's planted. I don't think it takes anything away from your settlement. Definitely don't pay them for it! The whole BoS thing is messed up because they are more fascist in this game than in any other. The whole "We come in peace" thing they were playing on loudspeakers when the Prydwen came in is BS because then you're instructed to get the settlements to contribute by any means necessary. I did one of those missions then stopped when I figured out it took it away from you.

So, there is a glitch with the town of Covenant.

If in the related quest you side with Honest Dan, the town of Covenant will become hostile with you. You may then clear them out, and use the workshop to add this as one of your settlements. BUT IT DOESN'T WORK.

You see, any settlers you attract there with a beacon, or any settlers you send to Covenant will instantly become hostile with you. If you move a settler from one of your other settlements, the settler will instantly become hostile, right then and there. And shooting said hostile settlers will upset your companion, even though you are being attacked by them first.

Long story short, don't bother with Covenant as far as making it a settlement. Unless your looking for some live action target shooting.

Ha... my other point with building at the drive-in is that I hit the build limit there. I couldn't add anything else to it. The meter was pegged. Another reason I might just clear the settlement out and make it just me there. But I think in order to do that I'd have to mule all my crap from Sanctuary. I could just build a better place in Sanctuary, I'm just tired of that place.

I really like the layout of The Slog. One of the better places... and there's always a Deathclaw to mess with .

Are you playing on a console? Because there are a thousand crafting/settlement mods on PC.

So, there is a glitch with the town of Covenant.

If in the related quest you side with Honest Dan, the town of Covenant will become hostile with you. You may then clear them out, and use the workshop to add this as one of your settlements. BUT IT DOESN'T WORK.

You see, any settlers you attract there with a beacon, or any settlers you send to Covenant will instantly become hostile with you. If you move a settler from one of your other settlements, the settler will instantly become hostile, right then and there. And shooting said hostile settlers will upset your companion, even though you are being attacked by them first.

Long story short, don't bother with Covenant as far as making it a settlement. Unless your looking for some live action target shooting.

Did you kill everyone? And destroy all the machine guns on the walls?

If its upsetting your companion just send them back to base for a bit while you make sure everyone is dead, and there are no more original machine guns.

Did you kill everyone? And destroy all the machine guns on the walls?

If its upsetting your companion just send them back to base for a bit while you make sure everyone is dead, and there are no more original machine guns.

Yup, killed everything. All the guns too. Your companion isn't bothered by killing the original residents (so long as they are hostile towards you), just any new residents. It sucks because I had moved a settler to Covenant, then once I left that menu the settler started attacking me. If you kill a settler that just becomes hostile because of this, your companion will get mad and attack you.

Not really a fan of companions. Sure, you can send them away before doing something, but how do you know what they are or aren't gonna like. That crap gets old. I don't care what they think of me, just carry my stuff.

Like Codsworth. How the hell can he "judge" me? I own him. He's my robot. "Just do what I say, robot. And do it quietly."

Yup, killed everything. All the guns too. Your companion isn't bothered by killing the original residents (so long as they are hostile towards you), just any new residents. It sucks because I had moved a settler to Covenant, then once I left that menu the settler started attacking me. If you kill a settler that just becomes hostile because of this, your companion will get mad and attack you.

According to the Wiki, it's a glitch with the items inside the settlement. They're marked as "owned" so any item you take is "stolen" making the overall happiness drop. When it drops low enough, any new settlers are immediately hostile. You have to remove pretty much everything, all the items, doors, plants, gun turrets, and even the beds (in which you need to utilize a glitch to remove). Sounds like a real pain.

According to the Wiki, it's a glitch with the items inside the settlement. They're marked as "owned" so any item you take is "stolen" making the overall happiness drop. When it drops low enough, any new settlers are immediately hostile. You have to remove pretty much everything, all the items, doors, plants, gun turrets, and even the beds (in which you need to utilize a glitch to remove). Sounds like a real pain.

Good to know. Although, I think I'll keep Covenant as my "personal" settlement.

Welcome to Covenant! Population: Me.

Well.............me and a cat, that is.

Ha... my other point with building at the drive-in is that I hit the build limit there. I couldn't add anything else to it. The meter was pegged. Another reason I might just clear the settlement out and make it just me there.
You can get the build limit going down by dropping guns on the floor and then store them in the workbench inventory when in build mode.

How does that work?
Its a glitch.
I believe the game counts every object in the settlement as item that stacks up the build limit. It does also count weapons as a object, so when you remove it by storing it in the workbench the build limit believes you have removed a wall or furniture or something.

Its a glitch.
I believe the game counts every object in the settlement as item that stacks up the build limit. It does also count weapons as a object, so when you remove it by storing it in the workbench the build limit believes you have removed a wall or furniture or something.

Weird... I was wondering what the limiting factor was for building in a settlement area. So it's all based on how much crap there is to be picked up/re-purposed?
If that's right you wouldn't have to limit it to just guns... you could unload all of the junk you've collected from other places in the same way you're describing.
Heck, you could take EVERYTHING from one settlement, and move it to another one. If you have your strong back perk maxed out you can fast travel when you're over burdened. It would be pretty easy to relocated everything to one place, dump it all on the ground, go into build move, and scrap it all that way.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back