Eagle Transporter 22" from Round 2 OUT NOW!!! Jan '16

Re: Eagle Transporter 22" coming November from Round 2

Great news, thanks Todd!
And yes that's me on FB!

- - - Updated - - -

Great news, thanks Todd!

Any word on the accessories pack yet? I'd love to add a set of alloy engine bells.

Yes, it should be out at the same time the eagle kit is released. Fab Gear USA has it listed for pre-order! I think it will be under $100 also but for now these distributers are guessing at the price! If you use TODD as a coupon you get 10% off your order. They did that for me and I put the link on my website!

http://www.fabgearusa.com/space-1999-eagle-transporter-22-inch-model-deluxe-accessory-set/

My eagle is pre-order with hobbyinc. I'd rather have everything arrive in the same box, so I'll just have to keep an eye out. As fabgear have it for preorder it shouldn't be too long until hobbyinc have it listed.

Attention all sections alpha, I have some good news! After some thought about the cockpit CM back wall decal, the team decided to try and put together a 3-D wall without using a decal. So what they have worked out is the picture you see here. First of all, it is important to note that this is not quite finalized and there is still some tweaking to do. Also the color is just to illustrate. The part will be molded in one piece, one color and yes you have to paint it. They originally decided it would just be flat with a decal but wanted something better. This is what they came up with and the 3-D model was then created by Daniel Prud'homme. The second photo is what you saw at WonderFest. Also the CG render has some strange artifacting going on that will not be on the final product. This is the group of people bringing us the best eagle model ever! They listen and go to work to see if it can be done! The Round2 crew have done a spectacular job and I just don't think this will be the last time you hear that from me or the model builders of the world!
View attachment 493903View attachment 493904

This looks cracker Todd,....really looking forward to this kit

J

Last edited by a moderator:

Is there still no distributor for Europe (Germany) ???

Round2 is working with the shipping company! Give it time as we probably won't hear anything until closer to the release! Be Patient, as soon as I know you will know!

I saw on culttvman that they have the accessory kit listed as a preorder as well... over $100. Metal engine bells etc. Cool but I think I'll stick with some aluminum paint for that kind of money. I'm a fan but not a superfan of space 1999, so I'll likely live with the styrene unless the price comes WAY down.

Jedi Dade

The thing is, theres some really good silver/metalic paints out there,....I got the Mr Colour Silver which polishes up to a realistic finish,....and its not that the Engine bells had a mirror/chrome effect anyway,....so I think with a good paintjob it should be dead on

J

The thing is, theres some really good silver/metalic paints out there,....I got the Mr Colour Silver which polishes up to a realistic finish,....and its not that the Engine bells had a mirror/chrome effect anyway,....so I think with a good paintjob it should be dead on

J
For this situation, having turned aluminum bells is probably overkill. Now, if it was a kit of the 44" miniature, then that would be a whole different stew.

Nice that it will be available though.

R/ Robert

I will buy the aluminum bells.
Jim Small built me a 22" Eagle with turned aluminum bells. I also have the Product Enterprise 22" Eagles. Depending on the version, the bells on the Product Enterprise 22" Eagles look OK to very good. The turned aluminum bells on Jim´s Eagle are perfect. I do not know what it is, but it is not just the color. Maybe it is the structure on the surface, maybe the perfect roundness or maybe it is just me (I am an space and aviation engineer and know how engine bells look in reality). There is just something that makes those aluminum bells absolutely stunning. They give the model a look of authenticity and a kind of esthetic quality. For it is an improvement well worth the expense. I will also try to get aluminum bells for the small thrusters on the landing leg pods.
Btw.: I can strongly recommend Jim Small if anybody is looking for a commission. His build ups are definitively worth the price he is asking for. And for me the joy looking fascinated at his model over and over again is well worth the expense.

I will buy the aluminum bells.
Jim Small built me a 22" Eagle with turned aluminum bells. I also have the Product Enterprise 22" Eagles. Depending on the version, the bells on the Product Enterprise 22" Eagles look OK to very good. The turned aluminum bells on Jim´s Eagle are perfect. I do not know what it is, but it is not just the color. Maybe it is the structure on the surface, maybe the perfect roundness or maybe it is just me (I am an space and aviation engineer and know how engine bells look in reality). There is just something that makes those aluminum bells absolutely stunning. They give the model a look of authenticity and a kind of esthetic quality. For it is an improvement well worth the expense. I will also try to get aluminum bells for the small thrusters on the landing leg pods.
Btw.: I can strongly recommend Jim Small if anybody is looking for a commission. His build ups are definitively worth the price he is asking for. And for me the joy looking fascinated at his model over and over again is well worth the expense.

I also can vouch for Jim Small! He has built and is building me all kinds of space1999 models. He will be building my Round2 1/48 eagle and he will also be doing the test shots for R2 very soon. The launchpad is in progress now. See pictures! In line for build is the Meta Probe! Enjoy..........

1. First 3 pictures is my Round2/MPC Deluxe eagle with several modifications and Mike Reader aluminum engine bells and thrusters,
2. Next two pictures are my Ultra Probe
3. Next two pictures are my Swift
4. And the next two pictures are my moon buggy and driver. Also the year one stun gun.
5. Next we have my holy grail of SAW models, the 1/72 scale Launchpad. This is in progress right now 7/2/15
6. Next is my moon buggy again
7. Moving to my Gliders 1/72 & 1/48 scale, the eagle is my autographed 23" PE eagle with my 1/48 glider attached
8. Next we have my Nukes from the episode collision course, Jim built it from The JD kit!

eagle3.jpgeagle2.jpgeagle1.jpgIMG_3744.jpgIMG_3745.jpg$_57 13.JPG$_57 18.JPG10513403_10152539752577700_5387051822735640868_n.jpgBarry Morton Models.jpgMy Launch pad.jpgIMG_3494.JPGIMG_4924.jpgIMG_4925.jpgMy eagle.jpgIMG_5679.JPGMine-1-490x500.jpgMine-E-500x373.jpgMine-2-500x250.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4926.jpg
    IMG_4926.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 98

Attention all sections Alpha, please voice your opinion in choosing the next kits to be released by Round2 Models by visiting the link below! You can only CHOOSE ONE in each category, so please don't add what you wish for, these are the questions they want the answers to for now. We will here more after they see what everyone chooses for now! But, you have to vote to have an opinion! I expect to see lots of votes! This is what we have been asking for, hell that is what I started this group for in the first place, so please participate!
icon_thumbup.gif
mutley.gif
clap:

1) See the goofy looking figure holding a flyswatter? What should we name him?

2) Would you support a Round 2 Models Kickstarter campaign for any of the following kits? (select all you would be interested in)
A) Not familiar with Kickstarter
B) Sealab III
C) 1/25 scale Green Hornet Black Beauty
D) 1/350 scale Klingon K’t’inga
E) I wouldn’t support a Kickstarter campaign

3) What length is the K’t’inga (choose one)
A) 214m
B) 349m

4) Choose your favorite from the below Star Trek kit ideas (choose one)
A) 1:1000 U.S.S. Constellation
B) 1:1000 FJ scout/destroyer
C) 1:2500 Nebula-class (Enterprise 1701-D variant)
D) 1:2500 Enterprise 1701-D Dreadnought E) 1:1000 Battle Damaged Refit scale w/ dry dock

5) Choose your favorite from the below Star Trek kit ideas (choose one)
A) 1:1000 Klingon K’tinga
B) 1:1000 USS Defiant
C) 1:1000 USS Voyager D) 1:1000 USS Grissom/ KBoP scale 2-pack

6) Choose your favorite from the below Star Trek kit ideas (choose one)
A) 1:2500 USS Akira
B) 1:2500 Excelsior/Ent-B, Oberth, KBoP 3-pack
C) 1:2500 NX-01, Voyager, U.S.S. Constellation 3-pack

7) Choose your favorite from the below Star Trek kit ideas (choose one)
A) 1:1000 Enterprise 1701-D
B) 1:350 Ktinga
C) 1:350 Klingon D7

icon_cool.gif
Choose one of the below Space:1999 kit ideas (choose one)
A) 1:48 Hawk
B) Ultra Probe
C) Laser Tank #1

9) Choose one of the below Space:1999 kit ideas (choose one)
A) 22″ Eagle Transporter W/ LAB POD
B) 22″ Eagle Transporter W/ CARGO POD
C) 22″ Eagle expansion set #1 – Nuke Mine, Claw, Side Booster & Laser Turret
D) 22″ Eagle expansion set #2 – Gantry, Entry Stairs, Buggy, Nuke Pods & Figures

http://www.collectormodel.com/round2...rvey/#comments

Last edited by a moderator:

Me either, got one on pre-order. Will be adding a lot of detail to the inner boxes to make it a bit more real, like the fantastic artwork from space1999.com a few years back.

No upturned dingys for me :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Might order a second to do the lab version with the booster set on top ( when someone offers the booster set )

Will be going metal bells too

DB

Might order a second to @do the lab version with the booster set on top ( when someone offers the booster set )

Will be going metal bells too

DB

Like this?

Attachments

• 0814151829a.jpg
    0814151829a.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 147

Yes Robiwon, my young padawan, just like that..

BTW NICE Eagle

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back