Leia's Ceremonial Necklace: Prop Replica Collector Options

I kinda know what you mean. Such a tough geometry! I will still see about printing it and post pictures for a more detailed comparison.

I've been waiting for someone to cast them in Pewter for over a decade. Clean up, polishing and assembly I'd happily do myself.

@Mara Jade's Father

I started working on a 3D design.

Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 7.37.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-23 at 7.37.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-23 at 7.38.10 PM.png

There are a couple things I need to change still. I'm not sure if I'll try to model the fastener link, does anyone have a picture of that link while separated?

Last edited:
I'm not making one myself. I'll probably put the design on Shapeways for you, or anyone who wants one. It would be interesting to mold one in silicone and cast it in pewter or something similar.

Great, thanks. Please offer many material options as I would be interested to see what costs would be for various materials.

I'm not making one myself. I'll probably put the design on Shapeways for you, or anyone who wants one. It would be interesting to mold one in silicone and cast it in pewter or something similar.

How's going? My daughter is getting one of those Her Universe Leia dresses for Christmas and I thought the necklace would look cool with it.

Her-Universe-Hot-Topic-Princess-Leia-Dress.jpg

Anyone else?

Hi, sorry I've been busy with other things but I finished the design.

Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 1.43.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-01-12 at 1.43.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-01-12 at 1.43.56 PM.png

I haven't put it up for sale yet but the prices for one link are: Mods: I'm not trying to sell anything, these are just the prices for materials on Shapeways.

White Strong and Flexible: $2.32
White Strong and Flexible Polished: $2.82
Black Strong and Flexible: $3.32
Metallic Plastic $2.84
Polished Metallic Plastic: $3.34
Frosted Ultra Detail: $7.56
Frosted Extreme Detail: $9.39
Raw Aluminum: $23.31
Raw Silver: $44.67
Polished Silver: $49.67
Premium Silver: $65.54
Raw Brass: $21.74
Polished Brass: $33.20
Raw Bronze: $21.74
Polished Bronze: $33.20
14k Gold: $490.16
14k Rose Gold: $490.16
14k White Gold: $490.16
18k Gold: $686.88
Platinum: $1383.80
14k Gold Plated: $46.14
14k Rose Gold Plated: $46.14
14k White Gold Plated: $46.14
18k Gold Plated: $46.14
Rhodium Plated: $46.14

My model did not pass the automatic checks for any of the steel options, I would have to thicken it. For reference, the price it estimated for steel options, (Stainless steel, matte gold steel, matte bronze steel, polished bronze steel, polished gold steel, polished nickel steel, matte black steel, polished grey steel) ranged from $9 to $14.

I haven't designed the clasping link yet. Apparently the new aluminum material (https://www.shapeways.com/materials/aluminum?li=nav) is good for light, strong, and interlocking parts, so that may be a good option.

Looks great.

I was excited about seeing the aluminum material released however it is very flat and grainy. I have no idea if it possible to shine up and if so, how difficult it would be to do so.

Price wise, the polished nickel steel seems like you could get the right look at a decent price. Or as an economy version, polished metallic plastic with alclad paint.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back