Salzo V4 Red 3

Thanks, i appreciate the patience. I know you guys are careful with the models, I am just disappointed in the product not doing what it said it would. I have met with a rep from smooth on in person and told him how unhappy i was. I have an alternate for the armature now, it is should be better but i am still going to recommend the wing brace to everyone who builds one.
mike

I appreciate that Mike. Thanks for getting back to us on this, I understand you are very busy. I don't mind making mine a wings open only display. To clarify more, mine has always been in a temperature controlled environment and never in direct sunlight.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks, i appreciate the patience. I know you guys are careful with the models, I am just disappointed in the product not doing what it said it would. I have met with a rep from smooth on in person and told him how unhappy i was. I have an alternate for the armature now, it is should be better but i am still going to recommend the wing brace to everyone who builds one.
mike

Great! Please let us know how we can go about this brace and recieve one when you get it all worked out.

Mike

Last edited:
Hey Mike; for hose of us who bought a kit and haven't built it yet, will we receive the brace and a new armature from the new resin?

I can't comment on anything specific at this time but i will say i have been working 12-15 hour days for months now, which unfortunately has resulted in some stuff being delayed, like the fix for this wing problem. But i am done with the big project for now so i can take some time to figure this out.

I will say that the issue is that the resin i used for the armature, was not all it was advertised to be. It is supposed to be warp resistant up to 120 degrees or so. Since i am guessing that you guys are not storing these in rooms that are 120 degrees, that claim is a bit exaggerated by the manufacturer.

The fix will be a brace for when the wings are open that will replicate the V shape detail that is supposed to be there anyway.

The guys to have it assembled already should be able to warm the armature a bit, get it straightened by using the brace, then inserting the brace whenever the wings are open. that should take care of it. Otherwise i would say that i will need to replace the whole kit for guys that built it, i think there are only 2 or 3, hoping that you guys are Ok making the kits you have open wing only displays and accepting an apology and a 2nd kit to build.

It was not what i expected, the material just did not live up to it's promise.

I need a few days to recover from my crazy summer/fall schedule, then will get on the brace.

Many things have changed for me, so i do not know the future of the V4 at this point.

Anyone who purchased a kit I will need to send a brace out to at some point, meaning those who have not built their kits yet.
mike
Any update on this Mike?

Making multiple molds of the brace this weekend. I also want to make a new mold for the actual L bracket stuff, the new resin is much tougher than the stuff i sent out. I think i need to mold the L bracket like 4 times so i can try to run off like 2 sets at a time, it's the only way i think i can catch up.

For you i will just be sending the brace since yours is done.

Great news about progress, Mike.
Do you have a record of who bought your kits so you will send out new parts automatically, or do we need to contact you directly?

Does not hurt to PM me with a current address. You can just list your address and put "brace" as the topic.

Sorry to jump in that way but I was wondering if there would be any chance that you continue to produce the V4?
I've sent you few PMs since October 2014 and never been answered. :(
I imagine you might receive a lot of PMs. :)
Any hope?

Sorry again for bringing that on this thread.

Happy New Year
Maxhebus

I would like to do a few more at some point, but i have my hands full with a bunch of other projects. I know there were a number of people who wanted a kit and i was not able to get to. I do need some new molds soon, so we will see.
mike

Sorry to jump in that way but I was wondering if there would be any chance that you continue to produce the V4?
I've sent you few PMs since October 2014 and never been answered. :(
I imagine you might receive a lot of PMs. :)
Any hope?

Sorry again for bringing that on this thread.

Happy New Year
Maxhebus

Just a quick question, Mike. If we bought a Mike Reader armature then we have no need for the new parts you're making, right? Just wanted to be clear about the parts you're redoing.

Thanks!

Yeah you don't need anything from me. The Mike Reader armature is really the way to go with the V4. Even buying a V4 and a Mike R armature your still spending less than a lot of other studio models. I guess the resin hybrid is backfiring on me a bit but my intention was good.

The resin armature was an attempt to have the open/close thing at a lower cost. If the material preformed as advertised it would not be an issue. I think the brace should do the trick along with the "new" resin for the brackets.
mike

Just a quick question, Mike. If we bought a Mike Reader armature then we have no need for the new parts you're making, right? Just wanted to be clear about the parts you're redoing.

Thanks!

Thanks Mike for your answer.
As I was just after ThrakenSal on your "V4 Incom t65 Limited run" thread and because he received his V4, I got really excited imagining I'd have the chance to finally have one of you X-wing.
I don't know if it helps but I already have the Mike Reader armature ready. ;)

Best
Maxhebus
I would like to do a few more at some point, but i have my hands full with a bunch of other projects. I know there were a number of people who wanted a kit and i was not able to get to. I do need some new molds soon, so we will see.
mike

I think Mike has removed himself from this site due to some shenanigans that went on here last summer. I would email him directly.

Certainly worth the direct email, but as far as I'm aware, Mike is still very active, just very busy.
I'm been in touch with him through RPF about various things, and he's always continued to respond and provide a fantastic service.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back