1/48 Bandai x-wing (FINISHED...with video!)

I had the same reaction when I figured it out. You wouldn't believe how long it took me to figure out the incorrect falcon labeling in that book

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah,......who put that book together,....its supposed to be informative

Ok last search for tonight:

kg_studio-red5-003a.jpg

kg_red_5-001.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-29%20at%2023.27.06_zpsoa1uvdcd.png

J

There aren't even any good pics of that side in a new hope.

That being said, I haven't gone through ESB or rotj.

I posted this earlier in the thread but there is a pic in my kids alphabet book that almost tells the story

Astro great build brother. I'm in the process of building 2 finemolds 1/48 x wings. I was just wondering what grit of sand paper did you use when u weather and also what oils u used in your weathering process. Thanks

chris

Astro great build brother. I'm in the process of building 2 finemolds 1/48 x wings. I was just wondering what grit of sand paper did you use when u weather and also what oils u used in your weathering process. Thanks

chris

Thanks for the complements. You can probably tell that I'm proud of this one.

Partly because for the first time, I had a very methodical system and it didn't take long
I use these oils. They aren't that expensive and you can get a lot of mileage out of starship filth

http://migproductionswebshop.com/index.php?cPath=25
I tend to streak the oils down like rain would fall. But not as dramatically as you would do on the falcon

As far as sandpaper goes, I use as fine a grit as you can find in the hobby shop. Over 1000 for sure. Then I use those fine sanding sticks as well. They're almost like Emory boards for your finger nails. Like 900 grit.
I use those sparingly, dragging them in a line from the front to the back.

I also make sure I do a very light dull coat between each coat.

After the oils I do the pigments. This obviously streaks from the front to the back

I know this now old news, but I did see this on the bluray discs from what appears to be around the time of Jedi. Maybe someone can get a decent screen grab of the starboard side of this shot of red-5
20151009_215245.jpg

Cool pic!

It's hard to tell but is that the 48" or the studio scale?

It's definitely the studio scale film used version, and from what I understand maybe one of the last visually documented sightings of it. On the behind the scenes on the bluray version, you can see it's scale much better when they pan out on the video. I just wanted to attach it so if someone wants to see the starboard side they can find it on the video. I wish I had a way to do a screen grab from a bluray disc.

It's definitely the studio scale film used version, and from what I understand maybe one of the last visually documented sightings of it. On the behind the scenes on the bluray version, you can see it's scale much better when they pan out on the video. I just wanted to attach it so if someone wants to see the starboard side they can find it on the video. I wish I had a way to do a screen grab from a bluray disc.
Cool. Which disc is it on?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back