First Foam Build: Ends Of The Earth Inspired Spider-Man Armor (PIC Heavy)

Bucket #2 is on the way
At the moment it sorta looks like Agent Venom
IMAG1292.jpgIMAG1293.jpg

What do you all think of the web patterns?

Here's the side, back and top:

YfFTYA.jpgLkszeV.jpgwTTm5U.jpg

I'll be painting it red like the other bucket, then, along with the rest of the web patterns on the armor, I'll darken the webs up with black. The eye frames will be foam this time, and I'll use the same cross-stitch plastic for the white, then layer it with some sorta lens.
I think it'll look pretty cool... It'll be a minute before I have more paint tho. I'm short on funds for this project. Due to that, may not have many updates for a while

Great build so far! Looking forward to the final product. Btw was actually thinking of using the duplicolor anodized metal spray for my Gray Fox Build. How does it hold on plastidip/PVA eva foam?

Great build so far! Looking forward to the final product. Btw was actually thinking of using the duplicolor anodized metal spray for my Gray Fox Build. How does it hold on plastidip/PVA eva foam?

You'll need a silver/chrome undercoat for it to look right.. It holds up well as long as you're not flexing your foam too much. The areas where I have magnetic clasps and bend the foam a bit to put on or remove it, are terribly cracked and chipped... However, it's only the duplicolor top coat. The VHT Chrome plate is holding up like a champ.
I haven't used the duplicolor directly on the plastidip or directly on the foam. But with the VHT chrome spray it's okay. Spray the plastidip, wait a couple days, spray the VHT, wait a couple days, spray the duplicolor... that's what I've been doing. The pieces I waited too long on between VHT and Duplicolor seem to be the ones that crack under flexing. So I think it has something with the curing and chemical bonds (or lack there of)
The blue however, no cracks or chips at all.. even in areas with a lot of flex.

Hope that answers your question.

Any suggestions on what I should make the lenses out of? I want domed clear lenses. I'm thinking about making a cheap-o vaccuuform machine... Any other suggestions?

Brilliant! I need to add that idea to my bag of tricks.....

Only problem is that only one lens can be made from a 2 liter since there's a seam on the bottle, and sometimes a stupid stamp.. Stupid stamp. I bought a 99 cent bottle last night and poured it down the drain just to make the lens haha. Also, for the record... two liter plastic doesn't work for vaccuuforming... lol

Only problem is that only one lens can be made from a 2 liter since there's a seam on the bottle, and sometimes a stupid stamp.. Stupid stamp. I bought a 99 cent bottle last night and poured it down the drain just to make the lens haha. Also, for the record... two liter plastic doesn't work for vaccuuforming... lol

haha nice!

but on the plus side, the two liter you poured down the drain only cost 99 cents :)

Good to know though :D

Everything looks like it is fitting together quite well :) and yes, the high fructose corn syrup probably does belong in the drain anyways lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back