First Foam Build: Ends Of The Earth Inspired Spider-Man Armor (PIC Heavy)

Belt, cut out and detailed in my pretty new black foam. Man, that would've taken forever if I cut each piece like I was having to do before.

L2v2QC3.jpg

It looks a little Batman-ey until you look closely at the web designs... But that'll change once it's red

- - - Updated - - -

that looks so cool

Thanks! ch4dg

Awesome! and yes, the bigger the foam mat, the easier it is to use!

Totally. just working on the belt I see how much easier it is. Wish I would've dropped the 16 dollars at the beginning and not been such a cheapskate haha

The belt and shins look sharp! Are you planning on a hinge system?

Your work is going a lot faster with the larger foam lol. Also, I like your choice in spider, I think it fits the armor well.

The belt and shins look sharp! Are you planning on a hinge system?

Your work is going a lot faster with the larger foam lol. Also, I like your choice in spider, I think it fits the armor well.

Thanks! I think they look really sharp too.. too sharp. I may have to redo the gauntlets lol. and yes, wayyyyy faster. Before I was building elaborate puzzles. Now I'm just tracing my stencils. So, TIP to anyone reading this: Use big pieces of foam and glue as little as possible! It'll make your life so much easier and your final result so much prettier.

I'm not sure if I'm going to do a hinge system. The shin guards are open in the back and will be clasped at the ankle and strapped across the back below the knee. And since the thigh pads are just pads and not a full thigh armor I don't think I'll need a hinge system.

0jmGON2.jpg

What do you think? This is my first time building this stuff and I'm sortof experimenting as I go along (and, if I were to do a hinge system... how would you suggest I go about it?).

Well I think that if you are wearing them more like pads than armor, you really shouldn't need hinges. I didn't realize they were open in the back, you can probably just use Velcro and elastic to keep it on, and it will be way easier to walk. If you do decide to do hinges, I could link you to the "JF Custom Foam files" topic, where he breaks down quick easy hinges.

Also, I know what you mean by "too sharp" I do that every time. start with the most important piece, but learn things as I go on and end up wanting to remake the stuff I made first.

Coming on well. This is the next build I'm hoping to do. Getting the STL of the armour modelled as we speak, Then will print the whole thing. This thread has me pumped to get started!

Coming on well. This is the next build I'm hoping to do. Getting the STL of the armour modelled as we speak, Then will print the whole thing. This thread has me pumped to get started!

That's awesome. I've been making all my patterns from scratch--with the daunting process of measuring myself, testing the fit of patterns, tracing and the like. I look forward to seeing someone do it from an actual schematic. Are you doing the Ends of the Earth armor or a variant? Either way, good luck to you! Will totally watch your thread if you put it on here.

That's awesome. I've been making all my patterns from scratch--with the daunting process of measuring myself, testing the fit of patterns, tracing and the like. I look forward to seeing someone do it from an actual schematic. Are you doing the Ends of the Earth armor or a variant? Either way, good luck to you! Will totally watch your thread if you put it on here.

Your hard work is paying off looks excellent so far. I'm doing the ends of earth armour, model is ready now just waiting on the transfer. Only thing is I have to wait for the printer which has been delayed.

So, I've given it some thought and I'm going to probably redo the chest piece. Everything else looks so clean and now the chest looks pretty sloppy lol.

Everything so far laid outIMAG1274.jpgIMAG1276.jpgIMAG1275.jpg

All those little pieces are the thigh pads which will be affixed to the tights with magnets. Just got to sew me some tights and figure out what I'm going to do with the boots.. then I'll just need to paint

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back