Kylo Ren Saber hollow hilt for electronics

@guabe I hope it will! Just today I finished up the V2 I built to look like the stunt saber from Celebration:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/722/21041428050_9eb78e1149_c.jpg

An updated end cap would be awesome. I even have red filament in the printer right now, lol. Thanks again for making these files available (and to @Sni9er for the clip) :)

The new endpiece you're working on looks great as well!

you pretty much nailed the effect the heat would have on the metal of the side emitters. looks INSANE!

Thanks a lot for your kind words...

And well the little surprise is something that V1and V2 (no to mention V3) did not have, a way to install switches to activate etc.

Changes made to V4 are:

1. Added the threaded portion to eliminate the coupler. To achieve this I had to change the Led housing to a 1" one instead of the original TCCS piece. I also made inner channels for the wires.
2. Modified the cutout detail portion to match the inner core details from the hasbro fx saber batery holder.
3. Added the side screw to be printed, but can be changed to holes if you guys think that reals screws might look better.
4. Added holes for the red and blue outer wires so you dont have to drill them.
5. Last but not least I made a back door to add push buttons or a slide switch to activate. (ok that was the little surprize) There is a removable piece that gets secured by a screw and this way you can add the switches easily.

So i think it is ready for a print test... Thanks.

Nice work! I dont see this on your shapeways page yet.When its ready will it be available in metal? Im sorry Im a total novice when it comes to this 3-D printing stuff.
Thanks

Here are some pictures I took of the switch section of the Hasbro Blade Builders Lightsaber, the Hasbro Blade Builders Electronic Lightsaber, and then finally all four consumer-available KR saber emitters compared.
HBBKRL.jpg
HBBKREL.jpg
KR Emitter Comparison.jpg
(Hasbro BB, Hasbro EL BB, Disney Store, Hasbro Force FX)

Look, there's my carpet. ;)

Nice comparison pic. I should have the Disney Store version here on Tuesday. I plan to take side by side comparison pics of it next to the Force FX version. There's no such thing as too many pics of these things.

guabe; Are you still doing some updating to the files or are you finished with this version?

For lighting it up, I have all the guts I bought for the V2, which parts will not transfer into the new version? I've got the NB board and the speaker/battery holder for an 18650 as well as the cree RRW LED and the required LED lens and cooler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guabe
thank you so much for sharing the model.
can you please direct me as to where I can download the sabe hilt

best
Keivan

Thanks guys... Im currently uploading the models on shapeways and verifiying wall thickneses etc... once it clears it will be available to buy from them...

The models are downloadable already but they are not 100% done yet.

Just wanted to jump in say how impressed I am with your dedication to this project.
Truly remarkable work.
This is the type of thing that makes somebody buy a 3d printer.
My hat tips to you.

Need to get some little clips for the red wire now, but I think detail wise, my saber's done :)

BOlBCeW.jpg

Last edited:
I am seriously overwhelmed with the quality of work you're doing here. Thank you so much. Your designs look amazing.

I was wondering though, if it might be possible for you to model a version of this saber that is simply a static prop that replicates the one on display at SWCA?

What I mean is, I've noticed that your drawings make some small changes from the original prop in order to make this work as an fx saber. But, I personally don't collect FX sabers, just static hilts. So, I was wondering if you might consider making a version of your model that keeps all the details as they were on the original stunt prop form SWCA and minimizes that printing cost by keeping the wall thickness to around 1mm. If there was a model like that on your shapeways site, I'd jump at ordering one.

Anyways, maybe this would be a pain in the butt. Or maybe you're not interested in making a static printable hilt. But I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks so much for your work
-best
Dan

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back